Returning to the previous patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So... when FM13 was first released I was very disappointed with the ME. Then they patched it four of five times and finally I could enjoy the game. That was at least, until yesterday... I am not here to debate the pros and cons of the new patch but I would like to know if it is possible to uninstall the game and then install the patches up to a certain point? I was happy with the game before Christmas Eve patch, so want to play the version from just before.

Also, I play online against a friend so will we be able to connect to each other if we are both running this old code? I only ask because Steam doesn't seem to allow you to play an older code of the game and forces you to update before you can play on.

Thanks for your help,

Marques

So if I take it off auto update from now on and neither of us choose to update the latest patch can we still play online?

How absolutely infuriating that we can't go back to previous patches, is there any reason for this?

Guess because it's done through steam, and if you uninstall and reinstall ull only ever get the latest version steam has.
The old fm's you could download the individual patches and because the game was on disc it came with the original version, letting you click the "look for update button" if I'm not mistaken? And then if you didn't like the patch you could reinstall the game and the patch was gone.
I leave steam in offline mode and try and see what people say about it before going online and getting the auto updates.
With regards to the online play, I've never played it that way so I wouldn't know, but I guess if your using different versions it won't work?!

I can't believe they put this patch out if it's not possible to revert back when they quite clearly haven't done a thorough job of testing it. Merry ******* Christmas, football managers.

Firstly they do test it. They're hardly not going to bother testing it are they?
Secondly, why would anyone in their right mind want to go back to a version that has a lot more bugs/flaws?

Meh

Firstly they do test it. They're hardly not going to bother testing it are they?
Secondly, why would anyone in their right mind want to go back to a version that has a lot more bugs/flaws?

Meh

They do test it do they? Is that why it's completely ruined both of my saves with the way it's changed everything? What have they tested it for... to ensure that stupid ******* backpasses happen every game, is that what?

Could you please explain to me what bugs/flaws have been fixed by this patch since you seem to think it was so worthwhile.

They do test it do they? Is that why it's completely ruined both of my saves with the way it's changed everything? What have they tested it for... to ensure that stupid ******* backpasses happen every game, is that what?

Could you please explain to me what bugs/flaws have been fixed by this patch since you seem to think it was so worthwhile.

How about you save me the bother and read up on what's been fixed in the patch notes. Quite simply as I'm sick of repeating everything

How about you save me the bother and read up on what's been fixed in the patch notes. Quite simply as I'm sick of repeating everything

I was hoping more for your observations rather than a copy/paste of some SI drivel.

What have you actually SEEN that has made the game more enjoyable for you?

What Mike said.

and If you want to have a constructive discussion about the ME, please use the feedback thread. If simply wanting to went your frustration without being constructive or having to defend your feelings about the game, then use the Frustration thread.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back