Reworking the Midfield

• Thread starter Thread starter iDood
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 2K

iDood

Reaction score
It's my second season in the Prem, and despite having finished 2nd, Simon Vukcevic, my playmaker, wants out. On top of this, my holding midfielder Stephen Appiah is, apparently, now my weakest player.

I have been unable to find someone so far, who I have considered, looking at their stats, to be as good as Vukcevic, as a new playmaker, and the person I really wanted to replace Appiah, Miguel Veloso, went to AC Milan for half the money that I offered him. :S

I have Franco Zuculini as a back-up holding midfielder, who I am waiting on, to become a great player. He's showing potential already as he played a fair number of games last year. I'm not sure, however, if he is capable of doing it on his own for a whole season.

Does anyone have any recommendations for either of these positions? Also, does anyone know any specific player instructions of PPMs that I should try and give to these players?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Try Camacho and Mata, great Spanish youngsters. Also, if u want a playmaker AMC, try Alexis Sanchez.

iDood,

I haven't discovered what Team are you managing maybe that would help us a little also knowing what is your maximum budget for a player.

Anyway try one of this Palombo, Rafael Carioca and Ramires.

Tell me how it goes (H)

Ramires is always pretty good, if u want a shawdow DMC playmaker, Alonso is good too.

To replace Vukcevic try Diego from Werder Bremen. Great Playmaker, tremendous assists and loads of goals!

iDood,

I haven't discovered what Team are you managing maybe that would help us a little also knowing what is your maximum budget for a player.

Anyway try one of this Palombo, Rafael Carioca and Ramires.

Tell me how it goes (H)

Ah yeah, I'm Crystal Palace, and I was taken over in the first season, so since then I have been flooded with cash. I have plenty, but my reputation appears to be letting me down, despite the great finish last year.

Does anyone know, in case I do not receive any offers for Vukcevic, how I may be able to make him want to play for me?

Thanks for the replies guys!

interaction, keep prasing and declare ur interest to him. Maybe u can unsettle him.

Try to attract players from countries where teams cannort afford to give them an attractive contract like you can. Like Vuckcevic from Sporting. Try Joao Moutinho from Sporting or give a looke at Benfica and Porto Squad.

Like BigAgballer said try to interact with him. Praise him a little bit, improve is squad status, maybe a new and better contract.

In last case you can always ask him to recommend a new player or staff :)

Glad to Help ;)

Cheers guys! Vukcevic has randomly chosen to stay! I did nothing, but now he has asked to be 'unlisted'. Getting scout reports on Palombo at the moment.

You just left me curious now.

Maybe you could post a screenshot of your team and the tactic you're using just to see if I would have anyone else to suggest you to buy.

Good to know that Vuk has decided to stay.

Oh yeah, if you want someone young, try Walcott, Ramsey, and Michael Johnson, and Reo Coker too, they are all good English products.

Oh yeah, if you want someone young, try Walcott, Ramsey, and Michael Johnson, and Reo Coker too, they are all good English products.

I think they're all good aquisitions. I personally appreciate Michael Johnson very much.

But you might have have a few problems do to rivalry.

This is the team. I tend to play quick football, passing short.

This is the team. I tend to play quick football, passing short.

Excelent Team already Man!!!

Congratz.

But absolutely no doubt you have to replace Appiah!!

Have you decided already who you want to be your Rock in the Midfield?

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

I really like Marquinhos aswell but I always like to play with a short squad.

I don't like to have loads of good young players and then not have place for them in the first team and instead of nurturing them i'm just stopping their evolution.

Marquinhos can play AMR / AML / ST.

For those positions you have Aquino, Alex Teixeira, Saivet, Santon, Laurito and Milevsky.

And maybe another one or two players who are injured and not appearing.

My conclusion is that you have very good and young players for that position and enough depht to cover any injury that might come.

To buy a player just because you know he is good when you won't need him for the next two or three seasons and you won't be able to give him the chance to evolute is something that i always avoid to do no matter how tempting it his to buy one player that we already know is good.

You should stick to your plan of buying a good Defensive Midfielder.

And maybe at the end of the season try to profit some money since ou have so many good young players that are wanted.

Last edited:
If u want a beastly defensive Midfield, where u cna send everyone on attack beside your D-Line, pick Masherano up. He's amazing for me, tackles, holds ball well, extremely high work rate, teamwork, aggression to make tough plays, a true grinder.

Thanks bud, I'm looking now... I like the look of Palombo, although I'm being told that Sampdoria will want £25 million. I'm really not strapped for cash, so if he's the best option, I guess I don't mind paying it. Does that sound too steep to you?

If u want a beastly defensive Midfield, where u cna send everyone on attack beside your D-Line, pick Masherano up. He's amazing for me, tackles, holds ball well, extremely high work rate, teamwork, aggression to make tough plays, a true grinder.

Here it's a player I unfortunatelly have never had the pleasure to train.

But he is MASSIVE.

Thanks for the recomendation BigAballer :)

Liverpool want £47.5 million for him.. Looking at stats and price, I fancy Palombo for this one...

Back