Jden86

Reaction score
Portsmouth have been taken over by a new billionaire owner and their reputation has been given a massive boost taken them to be on par with lower EPL teams.

Q: Any suggestion for players to loan or buy who will play in a lower league?

I'm playing Portsmouth WITHOUT a billionaire and it's hellish.

Before you start buying or putting offers in, make sure you ask the board for affiliate you can punt failed WPs to before you start raiding South America.

Carlos Fierro comes, Humam Tariq (but will fail WP @ v start), Kepa Arrizabalaga, Hirving Lozano.

Matias Romero & Leonel di Placido.

Got Luka Jovic coming in 2016. Emanuel Mammana, Ezequiel Ponce worth a shout as well.

I don't have all these players (no billionaire for me) but all said they would be interested in a move.

You'll be scuppered by the financial fair play rules probably tho...

Last edited:
If you wait until the end of the season you should be able to sign a load of amazing Free Agents. That way you won't get done by FFP.

same here playing with out sod all here with pomy 2nd with 24 games gone

Is there a shortlist of incoming FAs?

Go into 'Scouting' -> select 'All known players' -> select 'Contract' from the dropdown next to the number of players in the game -> sort by expiry date (just click on 'Expiry') to bring up 1st of all, all the current Free Agents, then players signable on pre-contracts, then expire summer 15 etc.

There will be 1000s of them (I have megabase with 19720 known players though).

To save you checking stats or scouting 100s of players, ignore all current free agents and only scout the players with a decent (highest) salary.

Use common sense though, no point trying to sign some guy for Portsmouth even for 'free' if he's on 40K / week.

Hah. Duh. I forgot you could do that, thanks!

No prob.

Thinking about the financial fair play rules, you can wangle them a it.

One idea is to sell as many of your 1st team squad as possible and insert a 'loan back' clause. Then you get the transfer money, hunk if not all of wages paid and can still use the player - does count towards your 8 loan limit though.

Other work around is to have contracts set up with numerous players which you negotiate before you breach the FFP rules, delay as required (should get off with one week delay per player) until you have contract accepted by everyone you want, then accept all contracts which by now have all been agreed.

e.g. FFP limit in my current Portsmouth save is £57K-ish but using 2nd method after January transfer window, I'm paying £111K-ish/week. Obviously got transfer embargo but I'll worry about that before 2nd season.

Anyone have a decent GK mr jones has shipped 49 goals for me so far **** him !!

Guessing money tight?

Try Predrag Rajkovic (Red Star), Valentin Cojocaru (Steau) or 1 of the kids from Man U if they aren't on loan already - Joel Pereira or Vanja Milinkovic Savic.

Yeah FFP is the real killer, part of the billionaire takeover was a few extra sponsorship deals ect which helps a bit, 1st year or two Im really looking at signing players on a free or coming out of contract, maybe splashing the $$ on 1 or 2 and loaning good players till i make it up towards the Championship.

Yeah FFP is the real killer, part of the billionaire takeover was a few extra sponsorship deals ect which helps a bit, 1st year or two Im really looking at signing players on a free or coming out of contract, maybe splashing the $$ on 1 or 2 and loaning good players till i make it up towards the Championship.

Remember under 21 home grown players wages don't count towards FFP budget.

You'll probably be OK next season even if you don't get out of League 2 (unless you get sacked of course as board requires promotion) - have a look at the projection tab in finances - take turnover for end of season 15/16, divide it by 12 then multiple by 0.55 to give very rough MONTHLY budget approximation for next season.