Ridiculous player rules in Russian League

Reaction score
I took over Nizhiny Novgorod in the Russian First Division and inherited a reasonably talented squad with 8 Brazilians, which seems to be normal for Russian teams. However, upon playing my first league game I found that teams are only allowed to field 3 foreign players! My Russian players aren't brilliant and I have very little cash. How the **** am I supposed to achieve any kind of success with this team when my preferred first team would field ten foreigners! Anyone else had this problems, and anyone have any ideas to cope with this?

Well its not all bad, I just won 7-0 and 7-1. It seems like a terribly unbalanced league

It is a terribly unbalanced league (assuming league 1). Get promoted and get ready for an *** kicking as the premier league can field 6 foreign players and believe me, they have stocked up on them.

Honestly, although I was super ****** when I found out I could only field 3, I found it to be a tremendously engaging challenge. The Russian players are seriously picked over and you have to scout everything you can and really nurse up those youths to be contributors. NEVER allow anyone, under any circumstance to sign your star Russian born players from you. You cannot replace them without serious cash. Re-sign guys before their final year of their contract.

I got promoted and went on a pretty bad loss streak but kept signing good players and really made a run of it and finished just south of mid-table. Now that I have stayed up, the cash is flowing in and I am gearing up for a run at the big boys.

Might try a russian save after my Paris fc one. I actually have no foreign players in paris so thats fine.

u could try taking a chance on spartak moscows wonder kid kozlov they sometimes let him go cheap but u might get them asking for way to much but he plays far above his level

The Russian players are seriously picked over and you have to scout everything you can and really nurse up those youths to be contributors. Never allow anyone, under any circumstance to sign your star Russian born players from you.
[FONT=&#23435]
g.gif
[/FONT][FONT=&#23435][/FONT]​

I haven't checked the league, but just make sure that none of your Brazilians have Russian nationality/ been there long enough to be naturalised before panicking.

I love the Russian League, I always find myself sticking to those rules even if I move away, trying hard to find talented domestic players wherever I go, in FM11 I had a Belgian save and my whole team inc subs was Belgian, shame I lost the CL final 3 times on the trot and never won it while I was there. I'm currently trying this with Arsenal, I want to reach a point whereby my Arsenal side is the England first 11. so far 7/8 out of 11.

The Russian players are seriously picked over and you have to scout everything you can and really nurse up those youths to be contributors. Never allow anyone, under any circumstance to sign your star Russian born players from you.

Then you should play in the Malaysian leagues. Not only are you only allowed to field three foreign players, you can only have signed four foreign players! It's ridiculous since the players in Malaysia have no talent whatsoever and the talented youth only comes once in every few years. And these stupid Malaysians are always strikers, so in my 2020 game I had like 5 U-21 strikers. lol

I would recommend bringing young foreigners, after 6 years they are granted Russian citizenship. I saw that happening to Lokomotivs goalkepper, after playing FC Ural. Suddenly he played for the Russian national team. Especially Brazilians might consider playing for Russia instead of Brazil, if their chances are bigger on that team.

Back