Ridiculous Valuation

• Thread starter Thread starter AdamRWBA
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 946

AdamRWBA

Reaction score
Hi everyone, im just going into my 2nd season with West Brom and im trying to buy Will Hughes from Derby. The most ive offered is 5m and the offers get rejected and they want 12.5m for him :S. I wanna get this player into my squad but im not offering that much for him, i havent got that much money for a start lol.
What would be the best way to get him for around more than half their asking price? His normal value is 3.2m

Hi everyone, im just going into my 2nd season with West Brom and im trying to buy Will Hughes from Derby. The most ive offered is 5m and the offers get rejected and they want 12.5m for him :S. I wanna get this player into my squad but im not offering that much for him, i havent got that much money for a start lol.
What would be the best way to get him for around more than half their asking price? His normal value is 3.2m

welcome to the site mate :)

player specific questions need to go into the player specific sub-forum :)

if you search for Hughes you will also find his specific thread, there you can ask anything you want regarding that player, no need to start a new thread :)

he is valued highly at the club as he is potentially their best player (think Neymar) they do not want to sell him for peanuts hence the higher asking price..

you can always unsettle him by releasing press statements and he may become unhappy and request a transfer..

I was wondering whether i was posting in the right part or not haha, had plenty of experience with other forums so know how they work and that.
Ive spoke to press about him saying im interested in signing him but doesnt seem too desperate to leave. Plus ive tried getting a good relationship with the manager but still no luck. Well he brought the asking price down to 11m that was it

Thanks for the reply anyway

The thing you have to remember is, if the club don't wanna sell him, then they won't and their valuation of him is what he means to them, it's like Albion IRL, Long to you lot may be worth £10m because of his goals, but to someone like Liverpool/Everton, he may be only worth around £6m, so you've gotta think about things like that.

Hope that helps!

Unsettle him and he wont sign a new contract and you can pick him up at the end of the second season for free (850k compensation), Managed to do it with Leeds so aslong as Derby dont win promotion he is likely to join any premiership club, Just make sure you offer him a contract as soon as you can and make sure its a decent contract so noone else snatches him up from under your nose.

did you negotiate?

If i offer 2 million for a player, and the team comes back asking for 20 million, i know im going to get that player for about 11 million, or 9 million more than my original offer, and 9 million less than theirs.

In almost every situation the team counter-offering can be talked down to the midpoint between yours and theirs. Notable exceptions are players with reasonable buyout clauses (the team wont come down from that usually) and the best players in the world.

Up your offer 1 million a time, or, just offer the midpoint and see what happens. Offering slightly below the midpoint and setting the offer as non-negotiable is an effective tactic as well.

What team are you using mate?

As i bagged him for free at the end of the 2nd season. Hes a england regular now in 2017.

makes me laugh tho as he is only worth 6.5mil in the spl, if he played in the prem in england his value wud be at least 15mill. I have this reasonin as u had barry bannan who was valued at 2.8mil and i sold him to stoke for 5 mill, however. Instantly his value was 8mill at stoke.....explain that?!??

Im with West Brom. Dont matter about him now anyway i looked elsewhere and snapped up Ezequiel Cirigliano for 4.1m and another 1.4m after 30 league apps. Went n got injured for a few weeks after 1 game tho in training :@

Back