Ridiculous wage demands 95% of the time

repunited

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Does anybody else seem to have the problem of players asking ridiculously higher wages?

I usually manage lower league teams in England and am currently managing Fc United and im trying to hold down several players to the club so that at least 3 of the 20 with contracts will actually stay for the following season, but this is proving really difficult the same as the previous FM games.

For example their current contract is usually £200 P/w so I am reluctant to off anymore than £250 to keep several players, however they tend to 95% of the time (unless they are aged 33+) demand £350-375 without fail which obviously obliterates my budget.

This seems really unrealistic as to find players within my budget it really means that Im turning over all of my players more times than a restaurant in a student populated town :D

Anybody else had this problem or do I need some tips in negotiating with players?

Offer bonuses for high amount on things they'll never get. (caps, goals target etc)

Offer bonuses for high amount on things they'll never get. (caps, goals target etc)

Yes!,... this, offer them things they'll never really achieve, but it also depends on how well you are doing with your team. are you overachieving? have you been promoted etc, then players will ask for rewards for helping you to make this happen which is fair if you think about it.