• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 5K

adamm8

Reaction score
1st July 2012

McDermott Forced to Leave the Madejski

View attachment 291914

There are reports surfacing that Brian McDermott, the man who brought Reading FC into the top flight of English Football, has been forced to leave the club due to the Chairman Sir John Madejski believing he is not the man who will be able to help them to survive in the Premier League.

View attachment 291915

Sir John Madejski:
"We are sorry that we had to let go of Brian, and we thank him for getting us back into the Premier League after our absence since being relegated in 2008, but we do not think he is the man who can get us to survive in this league, so we just had to say goodbye.

We know it would probably be a better idea to bring in someone who has good experience and a good record in the Premier League, and we will look into that, but we will also be looking at the possibility of bringing someone new in, who we believe will be here for many years to come and will bring a fresh face to the management scene."

The chance to manage a club in the Premier League has resulted in a large amount of interest developing in the vacant spot and there are reports that former QPR manager, Mark Hughes, who had stints at Manchester City and Fulham is the front runner for the job, but there are also rumours that young manager Adam Moore, who has just got his badges and is virtually unknown in the footballing world, also may be in with a chance for the job.

View attachment 291917 View attachment 291916

We shall inform you as soon as possible with any news on the current vacancy at the Madejski Stadium.​

17th July 2012

Unknown Man Takes Charge of Reading FC.
Risky Move?

Sky Sports News:
"We are here today at the Madejski Stadium where we will finally get to meet Adam Moore. The man who Sir John Madejski has entrusted with ensuring the clubs survival in the Premier League, and then moving the club onto future glory."

-----------------------------------------------

Sir John Madejski:
"Hello everyone and thank you for joining us here on this historic day for the club. We would like to introduce you the Premier Leagues youngest ever Manager and the man we believe we help this club progress and become the great club it is meant to be. Adam Moore."

Adam Moore:
"Thank You for coming out everyone and thank you to John for trusting me with this position. What I have been allowed to reveal is that I was actually appointed a week ago, and we did not reveal it as I wanted no fuss and to give me time to settle in to the club and look at what I need to do with the squad."

The People:
"So Adam, seeing as you have been here for a week, what are your plans for the club?"

Adam Moore:
"Well of course as we have just been promoted, my main aim for this season is for us to survive relegation and to improve the squad with developing youth for the future. Then over the next few seasons I want us to establish ourselves as one of the main Premier League teams. Then hopefully we can push on for the higher positions and hopefully even Europe!"

The Sun:
"Well obviously that's a big ask, do you really think you'll be able to do that?"

Adam Moore:
"I really do, I have been given great backing from the Chairman with a great budget for the transfer window, and I believe I will be able to improve the squad greatly for the this season and for the future."

BBC Sport:
"Well we cant wait for this season to begin then and see how you can do in your first season in management. Good luck."

Adam Moore:
"Thank You very much and I cant wait either! I will inform you of any important news in the future at the club."

18th July 2012

Start of Pre-Season

So here I am, the youngest manager ever in the Premier League, and for my first venture into management i'm in charge of Reading Football Club. They may not be the best club in the Premier League but **** I aim to make them one. So first of all I best look at the squad and decide what I need to do.

View attachment 291972 View attachment 291971

So, after looking over the squad reports my assistant manager has kindly given to me, I can see that we do actually have a very strong squad that can easily fit into my tactics:

View attachment 291973

But I did see a few problems, the main being that at least 13 of our main squad is nearing or over the age of 30, which means when I look for transfer targets I should really be looking for young, hungry players with great potential, but have the ability to step up to level of the Premier League now.

And looking at my strongest squad for my formation, I can see that there are a few positions we really do need to improve.

First of all Left Back, because even though we have the great players of Nicky Shorey and Ian Harte, they are both into their 30's and so will start to decline, therefore I really need to bring in someone youthful but can step up.

Secondly I really need 2 attacking midfieldesr who can play on the right and down the middle as the only natural central attacking midfielder we have is Craig Tanner who is just too young for first team, and the problem with the right wing is that I Mcleary just isn't good enough, and Kebe is only a couple of years off of his thirties, so a youngster really is needed.

Finally I have decided I shall try to bring in a couple of back ups for midfield and striker, preferably younger so I can develop them myself and bring them in as first team over the next few years.

We already do have some good youngsters who will be able to break into the first team over the next few years though I believe:

View attachment 291974 View attachment 291975 View attachment 291976

I think the great funding I have been given by Sir John Madejski is more than enough to bring in the players I require. But I will be offloading some of the older, unneeded players to increase this and reduce the wage total.

View attachment 291977

These fixtures we have should all be easy wins, but I will be rotating the squad greatly to get everyone fit for the forthcoming season, and to see who deserves a starting place in our 1st game in the Premier League this season away at Spurs!

View attachment 291978

So, now it is time to hope we have a great pre-season and get the players that we need!

See you at the end of pre-season for a report!​

11th August 2012

End of Pre-Season

View attachment 292001

So, pre-season wasn't brilliant as we only managed one game by what I expected us to, as we performed very poorly against the Reserves and Peterborough, and didn't perform very well against Boreham Wood. Also, I greatly underestimated Vancouver and Colorado, two teams I believe we should have beaten but still, good experience for our younger players I decided to play.

Also quite a few large transfers for this club and bringing in players I believe will help us to survive this season, also who will develop greatly over the season for us.

You shall see the report of the start of the season and our transfers next update!

Great story! Will be following this!! :) Looking forward to the next update mate.. :)

Be interesting to see how you do, I've nearly finished my 1st season with Reading.

Cracking start, i'll be keeping tabs on this one

1st September 2012

August & Transfers

August

View attachment 292369

----------------------------------------------

Tottenham 2 - 2 Reading
Premier League

[TABLE="width: 500, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]Jermain Defoe (2)
[/TD]
[TD]Ademilson (47)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sandro (90+1)
[/TD]
[TD]Wellington Nem (87)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

MOTM: Jermain Defoe (Tottenham)

I know a draw against Spurs is a great result for a recently promoted club, but in a way, I am disappointed as we threw it away at the end. We were absolutely dominated though as we only had 3 shots, so I am proud and hope we can dig in and get results like this against the other bigger clubs.

Reading 3 - 2 Everton
Premier League

[TR]
[TD]Ademilson (2, 36)
[/TD]
[TD]Nikica Jelavic (29)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jobi McAnuff (19)
[/TD]
[TD]Marouane Fellaini (69)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

MOTM: Ademilson (Reading)

A great result against a team who are one of the best in the league so of course I am very pleased with the lads. Was an even game but I am glad to see we could grind out the win in such a close game.

View attachment 293122
BBC SPORT: "Jobi McAnuff curls in a sublime effort to give Reading a 2-0 lead."

Doncaster 0 - 2 Reading
Capital One Cup 2nd Round

[TR]
[TD]-
[/TD]
[TD]Wellington Nem (1)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]-
[/TD]
[TD]Brynjar Gunnarsson (42)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

MOTM: Mikele Leigertwood (Reading)

Absolutely battered Doncaster and could have easily scored a lot more goals. But still glad the weaker side I put out managed to get the win and put us into the next round where we will be playing Millwall who I think we can easily beat.

View attachment 293123
Sky Sports News: "Brynjar Gunnarsson celebrates after his header puts Reading in a great position at half time."

League Table

View attachment 292371

May have only just played 2 games in the league but still, 2 brilliant results for us in my opinion and it would just be amazing if we could even finish near to where we are at the moment.

Best Player of August

View attachment 292372

We have only played 3 games so obviously haven't been able to see anyone perform to their full potential yet, but Ademilson is already starting to show he is worth his price as he has 3 goals in 3 games and I hope he can continue his scoring form.

Transfers

View attachment 292373

I managed to get all the players I wanted for the positions I needed, and even though I didn't get a natural right midfielder, I think Wellington Nem will be able to play there brilliantly for us.

View attachment 292374 View attachment 292375 View attachment 292376
View attachment 292377 View attachment 292378

So I managed to sign a new left back in the form of the young Adam Henley who is going to become my starter for the season and hopefully will be able to make that position his for many years to come.

Aron Gunnarsson has been brought in as my newest central midfielder and I believe he will be able to fit greatly into our squad and will be a great player for us this season and for however long he is at this club. I have also brought in Adryan as a young future player who I will rotate with other players for the central midfield and central attacking midfield positions and he will easily become one of our best players in the future.

Wellington Nem has been brought in as our main central attacking midfielder and occasionally right attacking midfielder when Jimmy Kebe and Jobi McAnuff are out injured or tired etc.

Ademilson has been brought in as our main striker and he will be rotating with Le Fondre and Progrebnyak, but if he continues to play like he did against Spurs and Everton, they will have no chance of pushing him out.

I have also brought in the young centre back Doria, who will not be joining us until January but I can see him becoming a great future player for us.

View attachment 292379

So overall I believe the players I have brought in will be of enough quality to easily keep us up this season and push on for a higher position, maybe even top half, which I would class as a great achievement for us this season.

Other Big Transfer News

July ¦ August

View attachment 292381 View attachment 292380

Last edited:
1st October 2012

September

View attachment 292898

-----------------------------------------

Liverpool 1 - 0 Reading
Premier League

[TR]
[TD]Luis Suarez (47)
[/TD]
[TD]-
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

MOTM: Alex Pearce (Reading)

They should have scored a lot more goals against us as we were being absolutely battered, so in some respects, im pleased we only let in one goal. Alex Pearce being the main reason we didn't concede as he was an absolute rock at the back.

View attachment 293126
Sky Sports News: "Suarez after diving to win the free kick which he scored the winning goal from."

Reading 0 - 1 Man City
Premier League

[TR]
[TD]-
[/TD]
[TD]Edin Dzeko (28)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

We were actually the team on top this game so for that reason I am actually disappointed with the result. We had so many chances to win it and just couldn't take them and we only lost due to an absolute belter from Edin Dzeko, but still, it shows we can take it to the bigger teams.

Reading 2 - 2 Sunderland
Premier League

[TR]
[TD]Wellington Nem (1, 12)
[/TD]
[TD]Steven Fletcher (28)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]-
[/TD]
[TD]Adam Johnson (33)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

MOTM: Adam Johnson (Sunderland)

Extremely disappointed with this result as we were on top throughout the entire game and stupidly somehow threw away a 2-0 lead. Can easily say the defence wont be getting off lightly for this as both goals were due to them messing around with the ball.

Reading 2 - 1 Millwall
Capitol One Cup 3rd Round

[TR]
[TD]Jason Roberts (50)
[/TD]
[TD]Chris Wood (pen 60)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Craig Tanner (110)
[/TD]
[TD]-
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

MOTM: Danny Shittu (Millwall)

Have no idea how we didn't win this in normal time seeing as we had around 20 shots in normal time, but the Millwall defence played brilliantly for them and we just couldn't put anything away. Pleased that my line up of young players and unused players managed a win even though it should have been a lot more comfortable. But still, we are in to the next round where we will play West Ham United.

View attachment 293124
BBC Sport: "Jason Roberts celebrates after scoring Reading's first against Millwall in the cup."

Man Utd 5 - 0 Reading
Premier League

[TR]
[TD]Paul Scholes (11)
[/TD]
[TD]-
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Robin Van Persie (13)
[/TD]
[TD]-
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Wayne Rooney (32, 90+1)
[/TD]
[TD]-
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Nani (36)
[/TD]
[TD]-
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

MOTM: Wayne Rooney (Man Utd)

Well. So much for us being able to take it to the bigger teams. We performed very poorly and deserved to concede 5, and probably could have conceded more. Although, after I shook up the team at half time we did perform a lot better in the 2nd half. But if we want any chance of becoming a force in the future in England, we need to work on being able to defend and attack well against the bigger teams.

View attachment 293127
The Sun: "Rooney celebrates after scoring his 2nd and Man Utd's 5th in stoppage time."

League Table

View attachment 292934

So obviously we had a shocking month in terms of the league, but it was not helped by the fact that we played 3 of the biggest teams in the league. But I still think we will easily be able to survive relegation and get a mid table place, we just need to make sure that we win games against the smaller teams, and then if we can get a draw and if possible grind out a win against the bigger teams.

Player of September

View attachment 292935

Alex Pearce
was the best player this month as he stopped us from conceding a lot more goals against Liverpool and even though we lost to Man City and probably should have drawn and maybe even won, he still played brilliantly. And of course no one played well in the last 3 games, but I think Pearce will be one of our most important players this season if we want to finish at least mid table.​

Last edited:
1st November 2012

October

View attachment 293046

Newcastle United 1 - 2 Reading
Premier League

[TR]
[TD]Yohan Cabaye (75)
[/TD]
[TD]Ademilson (24, 70)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

MOTM: Ademilson (Reading)

A good win against a team who are very strong. We could have won this game by even more as Ademilson missed a penalty and the chance for his hat trick in the 81st minute and we also missed various other clear cut chances. But still, a very good win.

View attachment 293130
BBC SPORT: "Ademilson talks to the press after receiving the MOTM award due to his 2 goals to help Reading win over Newcastle United."

Reading 0 - 0 West Brom
Premier League

[TR]
[TD]-
[/TD]
[TD]-
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Should have won as we were on top for the entire game, but still a point is better than nothing and is 1 more point towards keeping us up and helping us push on this season. But for the people watching who aren't fans of either team, would have been a very boring game.

Reading 1 - 1 Fulham
Premier League

[TR]
[TD]Ademilson (17)
[/TD]
[TD]Ashkan Dejagah (76)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

MOTM: Ashkan Dejagah (Fulham)

Another game we should have won as we were on top again but just couldn't take our chances and the players started to get quite tired towards the end and the subs didn't make a difference as we were unable to stop them from stealing a goal.

West Ham 1 - 2 Reading
Capitol One Cup 4th Round

[TR]
[TD]Mohamed Diame (105+2)
[/TD]
[TD]Adem Le Fondre (91)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]-
[/TD]
[TD]Ademilson (106)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

MOTM: Mohamed Diame (West Ham)

My slightly weaker team just didn't manage to put their chances away in the normal time but it was a quite even game. Also, I do not like West Ham now seeing as they managed to injure 3 of our players within just 10 minutes. Dirty. But still, a cup run is a good thing for us as we shall be playing Arsenal in the Quarter Final which will probably be a hard game.

View attachment 293131
Sky Sports News: "Adem Le Fondre celebrates after scoring Readings first goal in extra time vs West Ham."

League Table

View attachment 293055

The good results have done good for our league position as its helped to move us up into the mid table positions and to be honest I would love for us to finish around this position. Can't believe we are higher than Chelsea and Liverpool though, although they do have games in hand, but still, something to be happy about.

Player of October

View attachment 293056

Ademilson had a great month as he scored 4 goals in 4 games and he is now on 7 goals in 11 games for the season so far. Definitely looking worth the money now and hopefully he can perform like this for the rest of the season and help push us up the league.

Last edited:
1st December 2012

November

View attachment 293315

-------------------------------------------

Aston Villa 1 - 3 Reading
Premier League

[TR]
[TD]Kostas Katsouranis (79)[/TD]
[TD]Ademilson (26, 82)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Hal Robson-Kanu (69)[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

MOTM: Hal Robson-Kanu (Reading)

On top throughout the game and fully deserved this win. Ademilson continuing his great form as we get this month off to a great start.

View attachment 293316
BBC SPORT: "Hal Robson-Kanu after he drilled in Reading's 2nd versus Aston Villa in their Premier League win."

Chelsea 4 - 0 Reading
Premier League

[TR]
[TD]Eden Hazard (18, 61)[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Juan Mata (64)[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Holger Badstuber (72)[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

MOTM: Eden Hazard (Chelsea)

My formation change for the last half an hour to go for the draw and maybe even the win really backfired on us as the pure class of Chelsea on the attack really showed through as they really took advantage of us pushing forward and punished us for it.

Reading 3 - 2 Swansea City
Premier League

[TR]
[TD]Jem Karacan (18)[/TD]
[TD]Martin Fillo (8)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Wellington Nem (44)[/TD]
[TD]Nathan Dyer (41)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Mikele Leigertwood (87)[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

MOTM: Wellington Nem (Reading)

I really don't think we actually deserved to win this as Swansea were the better team, but only just. A fairer result would have been a draw but I decided for us to go all out with 15 minutes left. And it evidently paid off as we scored with just a few minutes remaining.

View attachment 293317
Sky Sports News: "Leigertwood runs off to celebrate in front of the home support after scoring Reading's late winner versus Swansea."

Also, Wellington Nem's goal just before half time won him the Premier Division Goal of the Month for November.

View attachment 293318

Wouldn't be surprised if he scored a few more like that this season as he is certainly capable of doing so.

Norwich City 1 - 3 Reading
Premier League

[TR]
[TD]Grant Holt (45+1)[/TD]
[TD]Aron Gunnarsson (26)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Jem Karacan (82)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Mikele Leigertwood (90+1)[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

MOTM: Aron Gunnarsson (Reading)

We actually deserved to lose this as we were shocking, but yet again, switching to go all out for the win paid off again as we scored 2 goals late on, with Leigertwood doing it again to ensure the win.

Reading 1 - 0 Wigan Athletic
Premier League

[TR]
[TD]Wellington Nem (47)[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

MOTM: Ben Watson (Wigan)

This was actually a very boring game as there were only 7 shots in the entire game and we only won it due to a poachers goal from a rebound after a corner. But still, a win is a win and i'm not going to complain.

Arsenal 5 - 2 Reading
Capital One Cup Quarter Final

[TR]
[TD]Abou Diaby (5)[/TD]
[TD]Alex Pearce (25)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Gervinho (15)[/TD]
[TD]Ademilson (63)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Marouane Chamakh (22)[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (34)[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Olivier Giroud (90)[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

MOTM: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal)

Of all the scores for it to be.
We really were shocking this game as we only had 4 shots and Arsenal had 23. We were absolutely battered from start to finish and we only got 2 goals due to the fact we got lucky from our only 2 corners of the game. We really were shocking seeing as even Chamakh scored, and he's ****. Need to shake things up a bit against the bigger teams seeing as we have conceded 14 goals against 3 of them.

League Table

View attachment 293308

A great month in league fixture results has done wonders for our league position as was have risen from 9th to 6th and are looking good of being well clear of relegation. But, it is early in the season still and also the teams around us have a few games in hand each so we could easily drop quite a few positions if they win their games in hand. But still, 6th place coming into Christmas is great and hope our league form continues.

Also shows we had a good month as I came a close 2nd in the Manager of the Month for November.

View attachment 293314

Best Player of November

View attachment 293312

Wellington Nem was superb for us this month as he is turning out to be a lot of trouble when playing behind the striker and is causing lots of problems for the opposition defence's. Also it was easy to make this decision as not only do I think he was the best player for us this month, but he also won the Young Player of the Month award for November, where Ademilson also came closely in 3rd.

View attachment 293313

Last edited:
Back