JamieT567

Reaction score
Jamie Thomas is a 32 Year old Welshman, he has formerly managed several Sunday League teams with much success, recently he has been trying to break into the bigger clubs and become a well known manager, this story will follow his struggle to get to the top.

As i sat on the bench watching Mumble Rangers play, it suddenly dawned on me that i have done so much for the club, and several before. I felt this sudden urge to try to break into the big game, it was hard to give up, one of the hardest decisions to this date, i had been Manager of Mumbles for 5 years, and i had fell in love with the club.

I walked over the frosted pitch of underhill park for the last time, the last game of the season...we had already won the league but there was always a sense of nervousness in me as i watched on. We won the game 3-0, after the final whistle blew i gathered all the players into a huddle to tell them the news that i was going to be leaving the club.

All of the players respected my choice and thanked me for helping them and not only being a manager, but being a friend.

Getting into the big leagues wasnt going to be easy, but i was up for the challenge.

I had always loved Swansea FC, since i was a young lad i had being going to as many games as possible, and i had been a season ticket holder for the past 7 years. I was one of the best known minor managers in Swansea, so when i heard that Brendan Rogers had stepped down from his post of Manager of Swansea due to personal reasons, i was ecstatic, i really thought i could have became manager.

About a week after my application went through to the Swansea board i got a phone call from Huw Jenkins regarding my application. From day 1 i was never favorite, i was 33/1 to get the job, and i even doubted it myself that i would get the job. Huw told me that the board thought i would be a risk for the club, but a risk they were willing to take, he said he wanted to meet up with me to discuss the whole thing.

We met in the Liberty, it was just us 2 in the room, sitting each side of the desk, the walls were covered in paintings of former Swans players. Huw told me that he wanted me as the Manager, but the contract wouldnt be good because of the risks involved, i instantly signed the dotted line and was proud to say i was manager of my beloved Swansea City.

I bought the evening post the next day, on the back was a big picture of me, and the headline "Swansea sign local manager" they went on to say they doubted me, this was all expected but it just made me more determined to do well at the club.

The next day i had my first press conference, i was nervous.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Nobody said it was going to be easy, but i never imagined it would be this hard.

I walked up to the table in the press conference room, i wan the most nervous i have been in my life.

The questions started to poor in.

You were a surprise signing as manager, many are doubting you already.

Yeah, i was surprised myself to get the job but i think its unfair how people are doubting me before we have played one game.

What style of football are you going to introduce to the club?

I like to play fast attacking football, so im looking for my players to attack down the wings.

Do you have any idea what transfers you will make this season?

I have some players who i want to bring in, but nothing is for certain yet.

How much backing have you had from the board?

The board are 100% backing me, they have given me a good transfer budget and believe i can to well for the club.

I walked out of the room feeling confident, it had gone well.