Rodrigo4073

Reaction score
2d92yk7.jpg

INTRODUCTION: this is an unorthodox 442, with a block (more like a cube) in the center that provides a lot of security in the defensive aspect. Two defensive midfielders and very attacking complete wingbacks, the aim of the tactic is to make a lot of passes into the space and provide the two forwards the opportunities, quick attack and sturdy defence, with a high amount of crosses.

THE SHAPE: a 4-2-2-0-2.
2vip2fb.jpg

TESTING: i tested these tactics in 4 saves with the top four of Spain. In my first two testings i used a "beta version", and tried with Barcelona and Real Madrid. Then i improved a little bit in the Atletico save, and finally tried some variations in the Valencia save (i was not happy with them). So the final tactic should bring better results i think than in my tests.

RULES: no signings allowed. But i've sold a few players (i could not retain Feghouli in the Valencia save).

PLAYERS AND RETRAINING: i did not have the right players, for example, i used Messi as a center midfielder in the Barcelona save (testing purposes), and in the Atletico save i have to retrain some players, tried Griezzman as a target man, and Cebolla Rodriguez as a MC for example, same as Arda Turan. I couldn't use the right players in most of my saves, just because i lacked them. I recommend for the strikers positions players like Cristiano Ronaldo, Mandzukic and Negredo, strong and good all-rounded players (I will provide screenshots of them), but the other players have very good performances too.

BARCELONA - LEAGUE TABLE AND RESULTS.
abi33t.jpg

10nas6h.jpg

2l9sdj5.jpg

o6k013.jpg

REAL MADRID - LEAGUE TABLE AND RESULTS + CRISTIANO RONALDO GOALS.
2pr9pnp.jpg

29gd5b6.jpg

331nbxk.jpg

2w4032r.jpg

29fruz7.jpg

ATLETICO - LEAGUE TABLE AND RESULTS + MARIO MANDZUKIC GOALS.

2cpdr34.jpg

w2nio7.jpg

34pf9yh.jpg

537ims.jpg

5jtahj.jpg

VALENCIA - LEAGUE TABLE AND RESULTS + ALVARO NEGREDO GOALS.
hrmseb.jpg

smd8vn.jpg

2qwj1qp.jpg

2w55zi8.jpg

PLAYERS: just follow the roles. The strikers can be technical too. Work rate is very important.

PRE-SEASON TRAINING:
2iudpop.jpg

SEASON TRAINING:
214r421.jpg

SET PIECES:i made my own set pieces, feel free to change them.

INDIVIDUAL INSTRUCTIONS AND OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS:never let the assistant modify these settings. Your strikers should be marking the opposition fullbacks or wingbacks.

There are also some instructions on the opposition, mainly in the wide players. Leave them as they are.

PRESEASON:Try to arrange at least 10-12 friendlies and put the tactic in the three slots in order to start the season with the tactic almost totally fluid, play against very weak teams in order to boost your morale as high as possible, you can holiday this matches.

PITCH SIZE: Standard.
TEAM TALKS: I leave them to the assistant manager.

RED CARDS: remove one of your strikers and remove the individual man marking that he has.

SUBSTITUTIONS: I always try that the players on the field are not less than 70-75%, so substitute them if they are not in a good shape. I also substitute the players with yellow cards that have defensive duties in order to prevent playing with less men.

Here is the tactic, updated.

Rodrigo4073's Devi Defense v1.3

Last edited:
Hi guys, first of all, this is a quick post because i will update it later when i have a little bit more of time.

I have made this tactic trying to achieve a very solid behaviour, in top and small teams. I tested it for now with Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico and Valencia. The results are very good. I have to make it clear, in the Real and Barcelona save i used a beta version of the tactic, i improved it a lot in the Atletico save, and in the Valencia save i used a few variations. I will post here the better version, the results should be better than in my testings.

I will upload the images later cause i'm in a hurry, but for now i give you the results.

No signings in the saves.

Barcelona: 1st in the League with 102 points (104 goals, 17 received, 33-3-2), won the Champions League and the Copa del Rey. I tried Messi in the midfield.
Real Madrid: 1st in the League with 100 points (undefeated, 31-7-0, 88 goals, 11 received). Won the Supercup, Copa del Rey and Champions League. Cristiano with 48 goals in 42 matches.
Atletico: 2nd in the League with 90 points (28-6-4, 75 goals, 17 received). Won the Supercup, Champions League and Copa Del Rey. Mandzukic scored 40 goals in 41 matches.
Valencia: 3rd in the League with 89 points, (i received too much goals for my taste, i used here a variation of the tactic that i dont like in the end, and i had to sell Feghouli because he was not happy), 28-5-5. Lost in Copa del Rey against Barcelona.

The tactic is a 4-2-2-2. Four defenders (with complete wingbacks), 2 half backs, two central midfielders, and two target man upfront.

I will update the post with a cleanest format later, but if you can try it for now and let me know how it goes it would be great, thanks!

I recommend strong forwards like Mandzukic and Cristiano, but anyone can work. They score with headers too.

Here is the tactic.

LINK View attachment 692319

What is your pre-season out and during-season? Individuall training? OI?

Would be appreciated for the help :)

What is your pre-season out and during-season? Individuall training? OI? Would be appreciated for the help :)
Pre-season - team cohesion very high, prematch preparation full without resting, and only tactics. Try to play the higher amount of friendlies as possible. During season its balanced at average. Resting after and before the matches, with almost full prematch preparation, and attacking movement.Oi's are already set, the strikers have individual marking to oppositions wide defensive players.I will update the post later when im at home, hope it helped.

OP UPDATED with all the instructions. Tell me if i forgot anything. Thanks.

Seems tweaked version of TFF_UNREAL (defence), but no word about it

Seems tweaked version of TFF_UNREAL (defence), but no word about it
I really don't know about that tactic. I've been building this from scratch, but it can be similar, no idea.

I've tried some of TTF tactics, but not lately and not that one. Maybe we came to the same conclusions while building our tactics?

Anyways, you are free to try it, the registas version is doing wonders with my Celta new test.

BTW, i uploaded a wrong version in the OP, here is the right one.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/v...i+Defense+v1.3.tac#39;s_Devi_Defense_v1.3.tac

Last edited:
2d92yk7.jpg

INTRODUCTION: this is an unorthodox 442, with a block (more like a cube) in the center that provides a lot of security in the defensive aspect. Two defensive midfielders and very attacking complete wingbacks, the aim of the tactic is to make a lot of passes into the space and provide the two forwards the opportunities, quick attack and sturdy defence, with a high amount of crosses.

2vip2fb.jpg

TESTING: i tested these tactics in 4 saves with the top four of Spain. In my first two testings i used a "beta version", and tried with Barcelona and Real Madrid. Then i improved a little bit in the Atletico save, and finally tried some variations in the Valencia save (i was not happy with them). So the final tactic should bring better results i think than in my tests.

RULES: no signings allowed. But i've sold a few players (i could not retain Feghouli in the Valencia save).

PLAYERS AND RETRAINING: i did not have the right players, for example, i used Messi as a center midfielder in the Barcelona save (testing purposes), and in the Atletico save i have to retrain some players, tried Griezzman as a target man, and Cebolla Rodriguez as a MC for example, same as Arda Turan. I couldn't use the right players in most of my saves, just because i lacked them. I recommend for the strikers positions players like Cristiano Ronaldo, Mandzukic and Negredo, strong and good all-rounded players (I will provide screenshots of them), but the other players have very good performances too.

abi33t.jpg

10nas6h.jpg

2l9sdj5.jpg

o6k013.jpg

REAL MADRID - LEAGUE TABLE AND RESULTS + CRISTIANO RONALDO GOALS.
2pr9pnp.jpg

29gd5b6.jpg

331nbxk.jpg

2w4032r.jpg

29fruz7.jpg

ATLETICO - LEAGUE TABLE AND RESULTS + MARIO MANDZUKIC GOALS.

2cpdr34.jpg

w2nio7.jpg

34pf9yh.jpg

537ims.jpg

5jtahj.jpg

VALENCIA - LEAGUE TABLE AND RESULTS + ALVARO NEGREDO GOALS.
hrmseb.jpg

smd8vn.jpg

2qwj1qp.jpg

2w55zi8.jpg

PLAYERS: just follow the roles. The strikers can be technical too. Work rate is very important.

PRE-SEASON TRAINING:
2iudpop.jpg

SEASON TRAINING:
214r421.jpg

INDIVIDUAL INSTRUCTIONS AND OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS:never let the assistant modify these settings. Your strikers should be marking the opposition fullbacks or wingbacks.

There are also some instructions on the opposition, mainly in the wide players. Leave them as they are.

PRESEASON:Try to arrange at least 10-12 friendlies and put the tactic in the three slots in order to start the season with the tactic almost totally fluid, play against very weak teams in order to boost your morale as high as possible, you can holiday this matches.

RED CARDS: remove one of your strikers and remove the individual man marking that he has.

SUBSTITUTIONS: I always try that the players on the field are not less than 70-75%, so substitute them if they are not in a good shape. I also substitute the players with yellow cards that have defensive duties in order to prevent playing with less men.

Have you screenshoots on Barcelona and Real Madrid's formation?

Do you use the same mentality at both home games and away, you tend to change over tactics for each season or run the same tactics all the time?

Have you screenshoots on Barcelona and Real Madrid's formation?

Do you use the same mentality at both home games and away, you tend to change over tactics for each season or run the same tactics all the time?

Always the same tactic, away, home, during all season.

Here are the formations, the Barcelona one was a bit tricky, i was tweaking during all season, so don't mind it, just try to respect the roles, good defensive players in registas positions are fine.

2501on5.jpg

I really need to share how my Celta de Vigo (predicted 14th) test is going. Using the version in the OP, with 2 registas and 2 center midfielders (attack). No signings of course.

2vi5r47.jpg

w2lpue.jpg

t8axie.jpg

Last edited:
No one, tested it on Bundesliga or Premierleague xD wait for that, i think is a good chanche to try Man Utd or Arsenal

No one, tested it on Bundesliga or Premierleague xD wait for that, i think is a good chanche to try Man Utd or Arsenal
I will try after my current test with Celta. I'm 1st after 23 matches, with 16 wins, 4 draws and 3 losses. Larrivey has 23 goals in 27 matches.

Which team would you like me to test?

Still not sure what version is better. After 30 matches with Celta i'm fighting for the title against Real Madrid, and my team is in a very good shape, using the tactic with 2 registas.

But i'm also testing Bayern Munich, with 2 registas is not very solid, but when i switch to half backs it works better. I will keep my testing and try to provide further information.

2d92yk7.jpg

2vip2fb.jpg

PRE-SEASON TRAINING:
2iudpop.jpg

SEASON TRAINING:
214r421.jpg

Do you use two DM or two regista for atletico madrid?

I will try after my current test with Celta. I'm 1st after 23 matches, with 16 wins, 4 draws and 3 losses. Larrivey has 23 goals in 27 matches.

Which team would you like me to test?

i think use United