Rodwell signs new five-year deal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 513

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell signs a new five-year contract at the Merseyside club.

More...

Looks like he will not be going to United then.........

Looks like he will not be going to United then.........
he was never going to united, just another paper rumour. he's quality but not the kind of player we need

massive news for rodwell he done exacly the opposite of what rooney done but i hope this is the right desiton for the lad. i really like this lad he is a real decent footballer would love to see him in chelsea blue oneday.

massive news for rodwell he done exacly the opposite of what rooney done but i hope this is the right desiton for the lad. i really like this lad he is a real decent footballer would love to see him in chelsea blue oneday.

pahaha! he's got more class than to go to chelsea :')

What, young, brittish and talented?Giggs and Scholes are done, Anderson sucks, they need some youth.
no. hes not a creative midfieler who can attack through the middle, or do you just wanna launch barbs at united? as for anderson, he has shown patches of quality but not quite made it. next season needs to be big for him in the same way the 2nd half of the season was for nani,

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

the difference between everton then and everton now, is thatthen, they werent ready for a telent like rooney, in terms of making him the best, but the way everon are set up now, its perfect for a startlet like rodwell.

i think he would slot in the utd team easily, he can do the dirty work aswell as break forward.

the difference between everton then, and everton now, is that back then they were'nt ready for a starlet like rooney. but now they are a better, more prepared, consistent side, and imo an ideal place for a player like rodwell to progress

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

i think he would slot in the utd team easily, he can do the dirty work aswell as break forward.
at the risk of taking it slight off topic, we have plenty of players like that (fletcher, hargreaves, carrick, gibson). what we dont have is that guile and creativity. why do you think scholes and giggs have played so many games? we havent got any young players who even look like playing like that.

the difference between everton then, and everton now, is that back then they were'nt ready for a starlet like rooney. but now they are a better, more prepared, consistent side, and imo an ideal place for a player like rodwell to progress
I agree too many potentially great footballers are ruined by joining big clubs too early and not getting football

Back