zaid 92

Reaction score
Hey guys,hope you all had good holidays

Right so to business,I'm managing man utd atm and using 4-2-3-1 with two cms and a 4-4-1-1 as my main tactics.

I'm playing Rooney as my main AMC as the adv playmaker-attack (also support in the tough games) role and rvp as and advanced striker. Would this be the best way to play these two players to get the best out of them. My idea was to have rooney as the supply, as well as my inside forwards, and to score some himself for rvp to put in the back of the net.

I'm also confused as to whether it would be better to put rvp as dlf-attack because i think if he drops deep with rooney already behind him it could mean he's not in the positions i would like him to be in.

Any suggestions would be great and also if anybody has some screenshots of how they managed to sort out this conundrum would be even better (I do also understand rvps stats in my save may be different to others due to approach, tactics and players)

Thanks

Zaid

My personal opinion is that you should not select Wayne Rooney as an AM(C) unless you are able to achieve established success with him. His best role, obviously, is in the ST(C) and, in a 4-4-2 formation with Robin Van Persie on the other side would be ideal.

However if you still want to pursue with Rooney in an attacking midfielder role, using him as an Advanced Playmaker on Support or Attack duty is advisable. For Robin Van Persie his role should be one of three: Advanced Forward, Poacher, or Complete Forward on Attack duty.

Thanks I'll give the 4-4-2 a try out for a while, would you put rooney as the dlf then so rvp plays higher up

Not as a Deep-Lying Forward, Rooney should be an Advanced Forward or Poacher.

ahhh ok so what would you put both the two strikers if the played alongside each other.

Complete Forward on Support duty as ST(C, L) for Wayne Rooney, Advanced Forward or Poacher as ST(C, R) for Robin Van Persie.

Cheers I'll defo try that out. Thanks for your help

Personally I find RVP ineffective as a lone striker, not figured out why though. I have ended up putting him at AMR as attacking, advanced playmaker with Rooney or Hernandez up front, in 29 starts there he's racked up 13 goals and 15 assists, so it's working. This is in a very fluid, attacking 4231 with Kagawa in the centre as Attacking midfielder, with a defensive deep lying playmaker and supporting ballwinner in central midfield (Cabaye and Fletcher/McCarthy).