RichTea

Reaction score
Hello all.

Just getting back into Football Manager after a long time away from it and I've gone with Roma.

Financial constraints have limited me to the default line-up bar the additions of Maxwell and Julian Draxler on loan and Willian in on a long-term installment-based deal.

Now, my problem is that I'm all but useless at tactic making and have been trying to find something which works for the team for a while.

Ideally, I'd like to go with two strikers up top and no wingers because, as you can see in the image below, we're extremely limited in that department.

In reality Roma are developing a possession-based tactic with an emphasis on controlling the ball as high up the field as possible. This hasn't worked for me despite countless tweaks.

What should I do? Thank you all.

View attachment 222113

Have à look in My tactic thread ( its à sticked thread) and the Italian Narrow 4312. Perhaps start out with the Balanced approach and implement the shouts. Try the quicker counter approach and see how the team plays when using that.

Last edited:
Just looked through the thread and I like the look of it.

Anything on opposition instructions? Is there any area of the squad I should look to add depth to for use with the tactic?

Many thanks

Just looked through the thread and I like the look of it.

Anything on opposition instructions? Is there any area of the squad I should look to add depth to for use with the tactic?

Many thanks

Not as such. As you lack founds, I would only concentrate on it longterm and then ,I would try getting in one really good attacker and one prospect.

Hey MAte... sorry for the Late Post...
but I was so interested in your thread this time cos im trying to rebuild AS Roma :D
as you know AS Roma tried a Possesion-Football... These few images of my managing this club for 2 months...

View attachment 248817View attachment 248818

Sell out useless players as much as possible to increase ur budget...
n always use "48 monthly installment" for the transfers... just buy the player for long-term^^)