Romelu Lukaku and Yaya Sanogo

• Thread starter Thread starter timmsy123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 7K

timmsy123

Reaction score
I'm on my new Man Utd save playing with Mr Hough's 4-1-2-3 tatctic, i've signed 2 of the hottest striking prospects in the game in Lukaku and Sango, and i was just wondering if anyone could offer some advice on how to get the best out of them and how to make them develop to their full potential?

Both players as most of you will know are 16 years old. At the moment i have Sanogo in my U18's and available for Reserves. Lukaku i have in the First Team squad and available for Reserve team. David Villa (My only other signing - £60million XD) has just got injured and Lukaku is now having to fill in for a month.

Am i right to not have Sanogo anywhere near the first team yet but to have Lukaku starting filling in for an injury? And should i expect Lukaku to come in and perform straight away? Is Lukaku fine just playing Reserve team football and a bit of First Team or do i need to play him for the U18's as well?

(On a side note - both players are training using Dan's youth training as Strikers... should i change this to Target Man training for both?)

In terms of training schedules, from what I remember, Dan said with target men (Sanogo), you should rotate there schedule for for 6 months they'd be doing the Striker schedule for 6 months and the target man one for the other 6. To get them to reach there potential, ensure you have good coaches and try to let them into the first team by playing them in cup matches or something. Remember if you send them out on loan that to do it to a club with good training facilities and one that will provide them first team football.

In terms of training schedules, from what I remember, Dan said with target men (Sanogo), you should rotate there schedule for for 6 months they'd be doing the Striker schedule for 6 months and the target man one for the other 6. To get them to reach there potential, ensure you have good coaches and try to let them into the first team by playing them in cup matches or something. Remember if you send them out on loan that to do it to a club with good training facilities and one that will provide them first team football.

This. Also, don't expect Lukaku to perform brilliantly in your first team straight away, he is very young and will probably be a bit inconsistent to start with. As Jack has said play them in cup games and such.

Cheers for the advice guys, they've both been on the 'DT - Striker' schedule for the past few months and i'm in Dec '09 so in the new year i shall switch them over to the 'Target Man' schedule.

Yaya Sanogo has been class for the U18's/Reserves so far so may bring him in for some first team cup action:

View attachment 90232

Lukaku's just debutised for the injured Villa in the Champions League and this happened:

View attachment 90233

And this is how he's played overall so far:

View attachment 90234

I set up an Inter Milan save, currently in Season 5. Signed both Romelu and Yaya in Season 1. Romelu for £10m and Yaya for £2.6m (compensation). Both played in my Under 20's for Seasons' 1 and 2. In Season 3 Romelu was shipped out to Schalke on loan and Yaya to Galatasary. Season 4 back in the Under 20's. Now in Season 5 they are in the 1st Team Squad. I believe I have groomed them to perfection.

See Attachments..

I set up an Inter Milan save, currently in Season 5. Signed both Romelu and Yaya in Season 1. Romelu for £10m and Yaya for £2.6m (compensation). Both played in my Under 20's for Seasons' 1 and 2. In Season 3 Romelu was shipped out to Schalke on loan and Yaya to Galatasary. Season 4 back in the Under 20's. Now in Season 5 they are in the 1st Team Squad. I believe I have groomed them to perfection.

See Attachments..

Seems like you've done a good job, Sanogo's in the U18's and Available for reserves currently, and Lukaku's had a run in the first team and is also available for reserves. Next season i think i'm either gonna do the same or ship them both out on loan to teams with good training facilities.

See Attachments..
Wow how on earth did you do that with only a month and a half in the 1st team?

Just out of curiousity do both of them always have 4.5-5 stars in potential ability even for strongest teams in the beginning?

Just out of curiousity do both of them always have 4.5-5 stars in potential ability even for strongest teams in the beginning?

Nope with my Man Utd, first season my assistant gives Lukaku 1 and half stars currently and potential of 3 stars and says he's some way off being better than Rooney :$

Nope with my Man Utd, first season my assistant gives Lukaku 1 and half stars currently and potential of 3 stars and says he's some way off being better than Rooney :$

so hard to try to figure out which players improve and which simply wont no matter what you do

Back