Ronaldo named Fifa player of 2008

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 569

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo wins the Fifa World Player of the Year honour for 2008.

More...

Meh. Should of went to Messi.

i think ronaldo don´t deserve it, messi is the best or xavi!!

No-one else was gona win it. Its pretty much based on last season, even though its 'player of 2008' not the 2007/08 season. In that past season Ronaldo was the best, Messi was injured for alot of it. Messi is surely the best player in the world now, and will probably take all the awards at the end of this year like Ronaldo has done for 2008.

i think ronaldo don´t deserve it, messi is the best or xavi!!

Messi will become World Player of The Year for the future, but you should see Ronaldo's performances for season 2007/2008. He scores 42 goals and won Champions League, EPL and World Club Championship. Messi? Maybe scores just a little goals and he didnt won any trophy for Barcelona, if I not mistake. So, Ronaldo deserve to win depends on his last performances. For this year I would like to see either Messi and Ronaldo.:P

Last edited:
Meh. Should of went to Messi.

I'd like to hear your reasons for this.

If you really think Cristiano Ronaldo wasn't the best player in the (televised) world last year, then I think you need your head examining!

Back