• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 506
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney says reports of him leaving Old Trafford in the summer are "rubbish" while also confirming his ankle injury problems are behind him.

More...

Absolute non-story imo. poo stirring by the press

Actually that was a good interview. He told he did a mistake and now he has signed a contract, he wont be leaving untill Club doesn't want him anymore.

But Rooney has slammed the speculation and has once again pledged his future to United.

“I saw that story, but I’ve never seen such rubbish in my life,” said Rooney.

“My relationship with Sir Alex has no problems whatsoever. I’m enjoying my football here and if I was going to leave in the summer I wouldn’t have signed a new contract when I did.

“I’ve signed it and I intend to see it through to the end.

“You get angry when you read those things. On Sunday I didn’t even know it was in the newspaper until I was on the way home from training. I stopped off at the garage to get petrol and a few people asked me if I was leaving in the summer.

“I didn’t know where it had come from. I said, ‘where did you hear that?’ and they said it was in the newspapers.

But I’ll be here until I’m in my 30s. I signed a new contract to stay here and, unless I’m ever not wanted, then I’ll be staying here, that’s for sure.

“I admit I made a mistake, like I’ve said a lot of times, by saying I wanted to leave but I’ve committed my future to United and I’m happy, my family are happy, so there’s no reason for me to move elsewhere.

“I want to try and win more trophies and bring more success to this club.”

“As long as we are winning I don’t mind about the goals,” he added.

“Winning is the main thing. I enjoy setting goals up. It is a great feeling and for me it is as good as scoring.

“I have never set myself goal targets. Throughout my career it has been up and down. Sometimes I have a good season goals- wise and it is high and the next minute it can be low. That’s how it is.

“I just need to keep playing well that is the most important thing.

“I am not really sacrificing anything goals-wise. The last two games the manager has asked me to help out a bit in midfield and so that makes it more difficult to get into the box every time, but the main thing is we are winning.”

Actually that was a good interview. He told he did a mistake and now he has signed a contract, he wont be leaving untill Club doesn't want him anymore.

May be so, but there's always going to be those annoying articles saying "Rooney bust-up with Fergie-Is he gone next window?" type headlines. Just bugs me. Why can't they just leave the guy alone?

All these rumours of Rooney & Nani leaving are vintage balderdash. Our only player who seems unhappy right now is Berbatov, and unless I hear a story about him wanting to leave; I'll continue to dismiss this paper talk.

If he were judged by his performances so far this season, he'd be a goner anyway. I'd say he's potentially more trouble than he's worth, Man U should cash in if they get a good offer...... in my opinion

His attitude has been terrible too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back