Rooney is great player - Shearer

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Wayne Rooney has "carried" title-chasing Manchester United at times this season, according to former England striker Alan Shearer.

More...

Shearer = footballing genius. How did he come to this conclusion?

Stating the obvious really.
I'd like to know the gap between the number of goals Rooney has & the next highest goalscorer.
Anyone know?

as far as i kno

rooney .......19 goals

berbatov is our 2nd highest with 7 goals

OMFG Alan Shearer! This is worse than the other day when my sisters house got robbed and my brother said 'They were probably trying to steal something you know'. So obvious haha.

Thanks Alan for clearing that one up for us.

For once I agree with Alan 'one medal' Shearer. Even when Ronaldo was there me and my mates all agreed that Rooney was the man that made Utd tick. God help us if he got injured

For once I agree with Alan 'one medal' Shearer. Even when Ronaldo was there me and my mates all agreed that Rooney was the man that made Utd tick. God help us if he got injured

To be fair... when Ronaldo was there, he was the one who made United 'tick'.

They just needed a new poster-child, and Rooney stepped up.

If we start getting called a one man team again i will cry.:'(

I wouldnt go as far as saying Rooney is carrying ManU, but he has been exceptional this season. Just hope he stays fit for the WC......Every major tournament, England lose a main player within a few weeks of the start.

This pundit thing. is easy reli. whats he going to see next, " liverpool are weaker without Gerrard and Torres" or " fabregas is in good form"

all i care about is that he can carry this form onto the world cup

Lets be honest, a football pundit is one of the easiest jobs around, many of them have been guilty of of saying such things, my favourite one was Jamie Redknapp saying "Pato could be a good player" after scoring twice against Madrid.

Andy Gray's another example like "It's a game of 2 halves" and "That goal changed the game" lol

I loved Paul Merson's comment

"United looked like they were playing a makeshift back 4 today"

that was against us when they had 2 midfielders in defence haha.

Merson makes plenty of those 'state-the-obvious' comments, it drives me mad.

I am an Arsenal fan I even I can respect the abilities of Rooney. When he is not scoring goals he is the guy who is giving his strike partner a chance on a platter.

Back