Round 2

• Thread starter Thread starter iDood
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 629

iDood

Reaction score
I have just reached the Championship in the first season as Leeds. The board are offering me £2.8 million for a mid-table finish. Do I take this and consolidate for a season, or do I really go for it and as for something like £4.5 million for winning the league? Another question I have is about Jermaine Beckford. In the previous season he scored a mighty 47 goals in 58 appearances. He's now worth £2.2 million. Should I cash in and get the money for him, or should I keep him? His goalscoring records suggests that I should keep him, but I don't know how big the step up is between League 1 and the Championship, and whether or not he will make it.

In short:
1. Consolidate or go all guns blazing?
2. Keep Beckford or let him go?

Thanks!

1. i think you should do what you think is best

2. with beckford im not sure wether he can be as good in the championship and you have to think who you can replace him with

Try for a mid-table finnish your first season. Try and sign players on free tranfers. Keep Beckford if you can't get anyone better on a free. Then second season spend to improve your weak areas and go for promotion if you are strong enough.

I have just reached the Championship in the first season as Leeds. The board are offering me £2.8 million for a mid-table finish. Do I take this and consolidate for a season, or do I really go for it and as for something like £4.5 million for winning the league? Another question I have is about Jermaine Beckford. In the previous season he scored a mighty 47 goals in 58 appearances. He's now worth £2.2 million. Should I cash in and get the money for him, or should I keep him? His goalscoring records suggests that I should keep him, but I don't know how big the step up is between League 1 and the Championship, and whether or not he will make it.

In short:
1. Consolidate or go all guns blazing?
2. Keep Beckford or let him go?

Thanks!

keep beckford he got me promoted when i was leeds from championship into prem, had a similar record in league one to urs and he managed around 28 goals in championship. definately worth keeping. i didnt change much from team i started with in league one when i was promoted, i signed prately from swansea and that was it for championship and finished 2nd. its key u keep howson and delph and u should do well without spending to much money. go for mid table but i wouldnt be suprised if u finished minimum of 6th. michalik was outstanding for me also. hope that helps! feel free to ask if u need anymore help!

I would say go mid table/play offs in your aims and get some money. I mean you don't need too much money to get some decent players. Just adjust your budgets a lot, get some free transfers in and sell the players who aren't of a championship standard, but got a value increase through you getting promoted.

Keep Beckford, I have him as a back-up in the prem and he can do a good job.

Back