Running Low on memory

• Thread starter Thread starter Denis
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 13K

Denis

Reaction score
I have problem when trying to start , to enter FM...it says " Football Manager is seriously running low on memory. Please quit and free up some memory. " "Football Manager run out of memory and it needs to be shut down"
That always appears like few days after i put some Logos or Facepacks / Skins into my FM...
Anyone had this problem ? any solution plx ?!
Btw also had that on FM 2009 and problem isnt in my comp , have rly good comp with 2GB and i have free space on disks !

that used to happen to me back in the photshop days, dunno the solution, tho. ****, now im curious

Its rly annoying, i reinstalled the game 2 times...deleted all files i had in comp and it still saying that..

my laptop has only a 50gb harddrive...I have to make some serious sacrifices to play FM on it

Denis hope this might help you, it could be you need to change your virtual memory on your computer, it could be set to low, to do this go to the start button click on control panel, go to system, click advanced go to performance then settings advanced again at the bottom is virtual memory click on change and put in 4095 apply then ok. My virtual memory was only 798 and kept saying to low. Try it and see.

you need to display your pc at lower resolution, mine was 1280 X 1024,and I got that error message, I lowered it to 1024 x 768 and it works fine.

Little weirded out by this.

Was on this morning checking threads like a good moderator, and saw this. Ignored it as I don't know the solution/hadn't had the problem. However when Hig posted I took note (a friend has this problem) so I text him telling him about it.

However, now, when I load FM, it says the same thing :( help.

Lowering the res is always worth a shot, I had a similar problem with FM09 and doing that worked just fine.

my laptop has only a 50gb harddrive...I have to make some serious sacrifices to play FM on it

Jeeeez, 50GB harddrive? Must've cost you an arm and a leg... ;)

this happened to me Denis .. untill about 2 days ago i bought more memory for my comp. i only had 512Mb DDR2.. and now i have 2GB. so not only does my game run very quick now indeed my whole computers much faster, with no messages saying memory needs to be freed' up.. i advice to get more memory. 40 Pounds for 2GB. 70 Pounds for 4GB From PC world. hope this helped

Sry for no faster reply..i did what u guys suggested ( thx for that ) , still nothing helped...well Memory isnt a problem here for sure..since my friends who has way less are playing it normally...

Try a system restore to a date before it happened. This worked for me, but backup and important files or photos just in case you **** up!

Back