walters7

Reaction score
so i know alot of you will have started with man utd im having trouble with the player roles.... currently got rvp trequartista and rooney complete forward there hardly scoring tho rvp has 2 in 5 and rooney 0 lol anyone had any joy with these 2 strikers?

I have Rooney Deep Lying Forward (Support) and RVP Poacher, Rooney has 6 in 8 (2 assists) and RVP has 5 in 6 (4 assists). Not changed any player instructions either.

They're so talented and versatile there's a number of ways you can play them. Personally I'd be inclined to deploy Rooney as a deep lying forward and RVP as an advanced forward, with slightly edited instructions. If you're using a fluid system with lots of creative freedom they're likely to roam and switch anyway.

Definitely got to play them as fluid as possible. Rooney in particular defies instruction, I ususally just have him as a deep lying forward/attacking mid on support and he's always amongst it. To make them even more effecttive, play them as a pair and have them swap position. The variety of play will mesmerise a defence.