S.C. Braga- The journey begins...

• Thread starter Thread starter MrStu01
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 7K

MrStu01

Reaction score
View attachment 314909
This is the start of my SC Braga blog charting what i hope is a rise to the top for Braga a simple club from the Portuguese Premier League. Hope you all enjoy. Comment if there is anything you are particularly interested in seeing.

SC Braga have announced the appointment of former professional footballer Stuart Moore on a deal until June 2013 on a €4,000 a week contract with the simple aim:
Qualify for European Competition

After introducing myself to the squad and the general media it was time to set about my two most pressing tasks as SC Braga boss. 1) Recruitment of new staff & 2) Hunt for a new GK

Recruitment of new staff
My first role was to set out a plan for some new staff. SC Braga do not have a large staff
however they have a large scouting set up. The main aim is for me to bring in some staff from England to give more diversity and also look for top quality staff from over the world to improve the ability of my players (in particular for my youth set up)

Hunt for a new GK
As seen below both my goalkeepers are on the more "experienced" side of their careers. As such i am in need of a new goalkeeper.

View attachment 314937 View attachment 314938

Both Quim and Beto are quality keepers and so i face a very tough decision on who i can bring in, especially on a tight transfer budget as i only have €1 Million to spend and my youth prospects do not offer much cover.
Scouts are ready with their assignments and will be sent to scour South America for acceptable replacements.

Right now we are set to begin Pre-Season so more updates will be coming soon.
Watch This Space

The season draws near and already it could be a battle...

HUGO VIANA INJURED!!!

View attachment 314961

With Viana facing 6-7 months on the sidelines that puts him out until February at the earliest it left me in dire straits.

A LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!

View attachment 314975
Giannis Fetfatzidis is available for loan from Olympiakos and seems the best option for me at this time. He is currently undergoing a more detailed scouting mission so more news will come shortly. Feel free to recommend other signings you feel can replace Viana.

1/3 of the way through the season and after a slow start SC Braga have begun to make an impact in the league
It was a rough start going 5 games without a victory and still reeling from losing Hugo Viana. It has not been easy to replace him and losing out on Fetfatzidis did not help but Ruben Michael on loan from Atl. Madrid has begun to shine in that midfield position. Goals are slowly flowing too as Michel has held down a starting spot nudging out Eder and Ze Luis.

Other News

SC Braga are facing a 4th round cup tie away at AC. Viseu of the non league after narrowly overcoming 2nd Division Cinfáes on penalties.

The SC Braga injury list has also claimed Helder Barbosa (LW) and Dougláo (CB) forcing some key players out of the squad however they are both only a couple weeks away from a return culminating in the league match vs Porto.

Since the slow start SC Braga are on a club record 9 games undefeated in all competitions.

Come back soon for the next Season update.

Did you get FETFATZIDIS? He's quite good actually.

Did you get FETFATZIDIS? He's quite good actually.

Unfortunately not. Olympiakos were very hard negotiators and so i missed out on him, instead bringing in Christian from Espanyol. Fetfatzidis is an aim for me next season though.

Cup Update

We have reached January and that means that the cups take a front seat. SC Braga have been handed an easy group in the Portuguese League Cup
which has given them a favorable chance of qualifying. While in the Taca de Portugal Braga have a tricky Quarter Final tie at home to Porto.

Let me know if you are interested in hearing more updates about the cup or any other parts of the season
or if league updates are all you are interested in.

S.C. Braga news

View attachment 315828 DEFEAT!!!!!! SC Braga lose out to Porto in the Taca de Portugal QF

however.......

View attachment 315829 They continue to march on after easily progressing from their League Cup group with 3 wins from 3 and eagerly await the semi final draw

Transfer News
SC Braga have completed the loan signing of West Ham striker Ricardo Vaz Te
View attachment 315830

SC Braga boss Moore stated this showed good ambition from the club and expressed his belief that Vaz Te can make a difference at the club.

Other News

After 6 months out injured SC Braga are ready to welcome back star man Hugo Viana for the game away at Sporting CP this weekend. The only concern being disruption to a now functioning SC Braga team.

View attachment 315831
Welcome Back Hugo!!

2nd League Update

View attachment 315850
As promised here is the 2nd update after 20 games. We have made good progress until recently.
The return of Viana and introduction of Vaz Te has effected the harmony a bit but we are happily in a Euro Cup place.

Roll on the last 10 games!

End of Season Review

View attachment 316087

An impressive end to the season saw SC Braga manage 4th. This meant qualification for the Euro Cup.

SC Braga win League Cup

View attachment 316088
In a thrilling cup tie vs Olhanense, SC Braga emerged as champions by 2-1. The winning goal came in the 87th minute by Douglao. This was the 1st time SC Braga have won the competition

Moore gets new deal!

View attachment 316098
A fine season was capped by a new 4 year deal at SC Braga. A decision agreed with the board.

My 1st season is now over and after a tough start it has all come good. Its a pleasing end for all involved and now roll on pre season. The aim now is to assess the squad and potential summer signings.

Good first season, hopefully you can do well in Europe next year and break into the top 3 to get Champions League football. You get a decent transfer budget for next season?

Good first season, hopefully you can do well in Europe next year and break into the top 3 to get Champions League football. You get a decent transfer budget for next season?

Cheers man thought it went well eventually after a rocky start. Hoping to get minimum knockout stages of Europa League. Yeah guna be tough to break into because Sporting, Benfica and Porto are big teams. Unfortunately not i had 750k transfer budget so had to sell some players. Also failed to get players i wanted so far. Be updating Pre season soon.

Season 2

Pre Season

View attachment 316260 View attachment 316261

It was a disappointing pre season campaign at SC Braga however it was a chance to challenge some fringe and young players within the squad. The team did put up a valiant effort in the 2-1 defeat to Milan but ultimately that was not enough.
Many players returned to their former clubs so the squad also lacked the harmony of the previous season.

Transfer News

After the 2012/13 Season, Ruben Michel, Ruben Amorim, Christian and Ricardo Vaz Te returned to their former clubs. This has left the squad in disarray.
However the transfer window did see some new arrivals.

Ruben Amorim- Loan
Dentinho- Loan
Andre Martins- 700k

The 3 major transfers of the summer! Ruben Amorim's return is a big delight for the club. But a lot of players left and there is still a lack of harmony in the team.

Season 2 Update

Euro League

Tottenham
SC Braga
Red Bull Salzburg
Zilina

View attachment 317104

Portuguese
League Update

View attachment 317105
Set out on fire already achieving 4th but there is 20 games to go. So far the only disappointment was a 2-0 defeat at home to Gil Vicente

Euro Cup update

View attachment 317348
After starting well and gaining 6pts from 2 games SC Braga went into the last day knowing they needed to better Zilina's result in order to qualify after 3 defeats on the bounce. Thankfully despite going behind to old boy Michel's goal for Salzburg, Braga were able to come back and win 3-2.

Knockout Round
View attachment 317349 View attachment 317350
Olympique Marseille await Braga in the next round with the prize of Zenit or Liverpool awaiting the winner

Other News

View attachment 317351
Huge injury blow as Helder Barbosa is facing a long spell on the sidelines.

League and Cup Update

View attachment 317426

View attachment 317427

View attachment 317428 View attachment 317429
Unfortunately SC Braga were unable to defend their crown after a woeful showing in the League Cup however it is not a high priority for the cub based on board expectations.

Other News

View attachment 317430

An issue with club finances have seen the board reduce my wage budget leaving me spending a lot more on wages than i can afford and also means i will need to sell a few of my big names. Unlikely i will be able to sign Ruben Amorim next season

Back