Sacked for poor media handling?

• Thread starter Thread starter jackodale
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 5K

jackodale

Reaction score
Twice in this past season on FM2015 I've been dismissed from my job for 'poor media handling'. I've been managing Hyde and Oxford City in the Conference and Conference North and have probably had one (at a push two!) press conference whilst at each team.

The board meeting to discuss my future comes randomly out of nowhere and no matter what I say it seems I can't make up for my apparent poor handling of the media - despite not actually having any interaction with the media for about six months before this!

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Seems a little bizarre and I'm wondering if it's a bug or my board just making up an excuse to get rid of me!

Could the reason be that you don't make contact with the media? The board may want you to talk to the journalists, although I don't know.

I don't think so, as one of my options when I respond to the board is along the lines of:

"I'm sorry, I just lost my cool with them. It won't happen again."

Very bizarre!

I hate answering media, I delegated random tunnel interview before match to assistant
in prematch i always rapidly click "no comment" button for all questions and it always resulting in "astute press conference" and sometime I storm out from the interview but never got sacked because of my media handling

What's particularly annoying is that this latest sacking has come on the even of the final game of the season - just as I'm on the verge of completing the great escape and saving them from relegation!

I'm in 2022... of the hundreds/thousands of press conferences I've had I've sent my assistant, I do tunnel interviews, but thats it.

My media handling is terrible, but my board haven't raised a finger about it. It's perhaps because I haven't failed to win a major honour in any of my seasons and I did win the Champions League from 2015/16 season to 2020/21... I suppose my achievements outweigh anything else. (I have 41 titles, 7 runner ups :D)

I took barrow from the conference north all the way premier league whilst never attending 1 press conference. Weird you got the sack

Back