Sakho or Balanta. May need to sell one...

• Thread starter Thread starter fm20
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3K
F

fm20

I'm about to end the second season, playing as Liverpool. I brought Balanta in following my scout's advice at the beginning of this season.

I play with a 4 man defence with attacking fullbacks and CDs set to defend. My right sided CD is Skrtel, with Caulker ready to take over (and could do so next season). My left side CD is a choice between Sakho or Balanta.

Sakho is more settled and made slightly better performances over the course of this season having played more games. Balanta, I think, has the better potential and is a few years younger. He's better at marking, but not quite as good in the air though not vastly so. The only other stats that are very different are Leadership and Bravery which show an advantage to Sakho.

Assuming I can find a buyer for one or the other, I'll probably have to sell one of them as I need a solid first choice. Any replacement will be a backup or a hot prospect. My board want me to sign young players and play young players in the first team.

Sakho is valued at £24m, Balanta at £10m. Sakho has been asking about a new contract and I've put him off to the end of the season, Balanta has been asking about more playing time. Simple question - which one goes?

I'm about to end the second season, playing as Liverpool. I brought Balanta in following my scout's advice at the beginning of this season.

I play with a 4 man defence with attacking fullbacks and CDs set to defend. My right sided CD is Skrtel, with Caulker ready to take over (and could do so next season). My left side CD is a choice between Sakho or Balanta.

Sakho is more settled and made slightly better performances over the course of this season having played more games. Balanta, I think, has the better potential and is a few years younger. He's better at marking, but not quite as good in the air though not vastly so. The only other stats that are very different are Leadership and Bravery which show an advantage to Sakho.

Assuming I can find a buyer for one or the other, I'll probably have to sell one of them as I need a solid first choice. Any replacement will be a backup or a hot prospect. My board want me to sign young players and play young players in the first team.

Sakho is valued at £24m, Balanta at £10m. Sakho has been asking about a new contract and I've put him off to the end of the season, Balanta has been asking about more playing time. Simple question - which one goes?
Sakho has to go imo. Balanta will turn out a mile better and will save hugely on wages.

Maybe best to loan balanta out?? I wouldnt sell him if you can avoid it, as he will be world class given the game time to improve/develop.

Maybe best to loan balanta out?? I wouldnt sell him if you can avoid it, as he will be world class given the game time to improve/develop.

Good idea actually and not thought of that. Sakho can continue to improve and, for now, he is better than Balanta. I'll look at that as a first option then take a decision after another season.

Just need to find someone nearly as good to bring in as a backup on what remains of my transfer budget :)

Or just rotate the two especially if you are looking to challenge on all competitions?

Good idea actually and not thought of that. Sakho can continue to improve and, for now, he is better than Balanta. I'll look at that as a first option then take a decision after another season.

Just need to find someone nearly as good to bring in as a backup on what remains of my transfer budget :)

when/if you loan him out ensure he cant play cup games, and that you can recall him, atleast then you could use one of your youngsters as backup but if you get long term issues you can bring him back

You can rotate them, like Balanta plays easy games and Sakho hard games, or you can loan out Balanta but you have to find a team that plays at mid-high level and where Balanta is an important player :)

I'm not really happy with rotation of defenders - that said I don't tend to play any outfield player if their condition is below 95% and hardly ever if it falls below 90% so they will get chances. I also can't have moaning/unhappy players in the team as one of the reasons for my success is keeping the players happy.

Sakho is asking for a new contract which will bring his wages into a much higher territory than I'd want so he's favourite for the chop if he moans any more about that. I've signed Terrence Kongolo from Feyenoord as a replacement - if I can keep the others happy he'll be the one out on loan.

I would sell Sakho, if you want a young replacement to please the board. I would recommend Joe Gomez from Charlton. His stats dont look great but he develops really quickly. With tutoring and cup games he will develop well.
Cheap, English and young.

Sell Sakho if he performs in game like he does IRL hes ****** useless and Balanta is suppost to be world class in the game (Never used him).

Final decision was to sell Sakho - I offered him a new contract, as promised, and he asked for £165k/week plus a whole bunch of add-ons - way more than I wanted to pay (aside from Gerrard who I hope will take a pay cut, I have no-one on over £100k/week at the moment). He's on his way back to PSG for £30m to be replaced by Kongolo.

Back