Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Taylor

Reaction score
I am Liverpool & looking to strengthen the defence at the end of the season to replace the ever declining Carragher, so I was just wondering who would be better out of Sakho or Shawcross?

The scout reports I have received from me 20/20 scout seems to suggest Sakho is better and seems to have more room to improve at 3½ stars and is currently on 3 stars. Shawcross on the other hand is currently 3 stars out of 3, so not much room for improvement.

The potential prices: I could get Sakho for 21m according to my scout and I could get Shawcross for 12m.

I'm tempted to go with Sakho regardless of the price since I'm sure I can negotiate down but I'm also tempted to go for Shawcross since he's used to the English style fast paced football, plus he's English which is a bonus for European competitions.

Uhmm I don't actually know my budget yet but it should be a decent amount since I'm on course to finish in the top 3 in premier league (currently 3rd, 1 point behind the leaders Arsenal) I've won the League cup, Semi's of FA Cup against Man City, and Quarters of the Euro Cup, so I should hopefully get a pretty decent budget if I do well for the rest of the season.

So I have a Dilemma here, Sakho or Shawcross?

Sakho, he is overall the better player regardless of the price

depends on your circumstances imo. if you dont have many english guys for the squad rules, and/or you dont need a left back, i'd say shawcross, ive had him many a season on FM11 and he never comes out of a season with less than a 7.50 average or above, he really is good. but sakho is younger and plays left back, but the amount of times ive bought him too, and he struggles to make a 7.00/7.10 season average.

Thanks guys, difference of opinion there xD
At the moment I am kinda leaning more towards the Shawcross side because of the price. Because i'm hoping to get Hazard and Hulk as well next season, whether i'll have enough funds I don't know, if i offload some players then maybe i'll get hazard, hulk, sakho & shawcross, if not then maybe just hazard & Shawcross if i'm lucky.

---------- Post added 30/09/2011 at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous post was 29/09/2011 at 06:35 PM ----------

Okay then so Man City just signed Sakho before i could even get any of my Transfer funds -.- I hope he rots in their reserves now.
So there's a change of plan ;)

Otamendi or Shawcross? xD

its tricky, but i perfer Shawcross to save ur HG rules squad registration.

Cahill & Dann. Save to say, the best CB's I've ever had.

Would go with Shawcross. I don't rate Otamendi.

Forgot about Cahill & Dann actually. Think i'll do some comparing and stuff. Otamendi looks pretty good though, but yeah going to need some HG players so might look at those 3 good ol' English mukka's :)

Sakho any day of the week, I just bought him for Tottenham 2nd season for £18.5m and is already increasing in stats after a week, going to retrain him to Left back as well to provide a really big back/strong back 4 when playing harder games!

--Kaboul---Otamendi---Burdisso---Sakho--

a pretty good back 4 if you ask me :) throw in Baines/Bale and Srna/Santon into that mix you have a good defence!

In future, please use this thread:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2011-players/47701-deal-no-deal-thread.html
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2011-players/49788-player-vs-player.html

Status
Not open for further replies.