• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 2K

StLukeFM

Reaction score
SALFORD CITY
View attachment 98981
Introduction
Founded in 1940, Salford are a semi-professional club playing the Vanarama National League North after winning promotion from the Northern premier League last season. They play their home games at Moor Lane and has average junior coaching and fairly basic youth recruitment network. The club is known as The Ammies and has a fierce rivalry with FC United of Manchester. The club is in a very good spell in terms of trophies and every season creating history. Long may it continue. Peter Lim, the clubs owner has passed down the message to Karen Bird to find a suitable replacement for Anthony Johnson due to family commitments. It is reported, best friend and joint manager Bernard Morley is to stay at the club and offer his services as an assistant if the new manager allows him to do so.

Club Details
Nickname: The Ammies
Founded: 1940
Training Facilities: Poor
Youth Facilities: Basic
Youth Recruitment: Basic
Finances: Okay
Transfer Budget: £9,450
Wage Budget: £7199 (Currently spending: £5682)
League: Vanarama National League North
Media Prediction: 4th

New Manager
View attachment 98979

Luke has been appointed the new manager of Salford City. An outsider according the bookmakers, and has shocked the entire football league with the appointment. Luke participated in an interview after being announced, not having much to reveal apart from ensuring the Salford fans he his honoured to be appointed and hopes to get them another promotion this year. Luke is reported to be on a one year contract with the option for it to be rolled on depending if certain expectations are met. His first game is 6th of August against Gloucester, lets hope he can start with winning ways.

Expectations
View attachment 98978
Upon being appointed Salford manager, I have told the board what I think is achievable and quite frankly if i don't get what i have said I will really disappointed. Reach playoff is the priority, hopefully get automatic promotion so we are not failures to uncertainty of a playoff. All but hope, lets see how this pans out!

Tactic
View attachment 98977
4-3-1-2
Hope to play down the middle and the wing backs can provide us with width. The centre mids should help us play passing football and try work the ball to the CAM. I believe this should be able to get us out the division and this formation is very good for both worse and better opponents so there should be no reason to chop and change depending on the game.

The Squad
View attachment 98976
The budget wasn't exactly ideal but it allowed us to add a few additions that will help us with our promotion push. Ideally a bit of depth was needed in the midfield particularly having 4 midfielders in this formation, and a bit of first team quality was needed in the strike force. I will be making suitable transfers over the next 24hours.

Last edited:
Transfers

Peter Skapetis

View attachment 98975

Peter was a very good addition and one of the only additions that will more than likely be a first teamer for the season. As you can see he has great finishing, composure, speed, off the ball and decisions making him a perfect striker for this level and on a free transfer. He is our highest earner on 825 p/w, hopefully he can repay Salford with good performances.

Mason Watson Clarke
View attachment 98973

Mason is a very young talent at CB, previously at Stoke and Villa this young lad is one for the future and is going to provide a backup for the first team and allow us to have multiple options incase of injury or poor performances. He also has the ability to be re-trained as CDM and I could be looking to do this in the future if need be.

Callum Harris
View attachment 98974

Another young centre midfielder has been signed to add another bit of quality to this midfield. He will be starting for us and is our third best centre mid currently at the club which makes him of good enough quality to get a starting spot. Callum was previously at Wolves and Blackburn and has made the step down to join us at Salford.

All round very positive, all areas covered in my opinion. The only position I am considering adding to before the end of the transfer window is a goalkeeper.

Last edited:
August​

View attachment 98972
View attachment 98961View attachment 98960
View attachment 98971

GREAT start to the season for Salford! the debutant scored. Mike Phenix with the first on the 30th minute. Good passing play which was broken down led the ball to ending up at the right back who pumped it back over their defensive line. Mike took it down and placed it top right corner leaving the opposition keeper no chance. Going in 1-0 at half time, a bit of belief to the lads, ensured them to victory Patrick Brough did very well getting down the left hand side from left back and put the ball in the box which Phenix got on the end of.

Goalscorer(s): Mike Phenix (2)

View attachment 98959
View attachment 98967View attachment 98966
View attachment 98965

Keeping up the form in the next game against Stalybridge. We took an early lead in the form of newly purchased David Norris with a good piece of passing play and a great ball from Mike Phenix. Going in 1-0 at half time, a good team talk, within a minute after half time, James Poole doubled the lead after coming in for Peter Skapetis who suffered a 7 week injury in training, a great ball from George Green, James placed it in the bottom corner, leaving the keeper no chance. James Poole then burst down the right hand side and cut the ball back to Mike Phenix at edge of the area who ran straight through the defence and placed it under the keeper making it 3-0. Shortly after Stalybridge got one back from a cross from the right hand side that Jasper Johns got on the end of to make it 3-1.

Goalscorer(s): David Norris, James Poole, Mike Phenix

Last edited:
View attachment 98958
View attachment 98957View attachment 98956
View attachment 98955

First rivalry and first meeting with FC United of Manchester, very good performance from the lads. Mike Phenix broke the deadlock from a great ball from Brough on the left hand side. Has performed amazing in the first three games at the wing back role. Phenix is really performing great, a lot of goals from him so far. Going into the lead 1-0 at half time it was important to see out the game, doing well, we get a penalty on the 60th min and George Green steps up and hits the ball straight at the keeper which some how ends up in the goal. Good performance and a win over our rivals.

Goalscorer(s): Mike Phenix, George Green

View attachment 98954
View attachment 98953View attachment 98952
View attachment 98951

First loss of the season comes at Nuneaton. The match stats suggest we was the better team however I feel Nuneaton created more threatening chances. They seemed to be on the counter attack and had powerful players walking through our defence and scoring very good goals in the process particularly the first one. A well worked free kick from us in the 75th minute was a consolation for our poor performance from another goal from Mike Phenix.

Goalscorer(s): Mike Phenix

Last edited:
Nice, got a salford City save going meself at the min, just into March ( i think, not played in awhile).

View attachment 98950
View attachment 98949View attachment 98948
View attachment 98947
A very tight and difficult game at top end of the table Fylde. A tale of two halves, us having very good chances in the first half, a few clear cut chances that could of possibly won the game earlier. This occurred for Fylde and very good saves from Lynch keeping us in the game, which I am very grateful for. Last minute free kick from George Green hit against the wall and came back out to David Norris which he smashed top left corner leaving the keeper no chance! Great win!

Goalscorer(s): David Norris

View attachment 98946View attachment 98945View attachment 98944
View attachment 98943

Early goal within 6 minutes from a great finish from Mike Phenix. As the game went on in a fairly even game as shown by the match stats, on the 18th minute Rothery got on the end of a header from a corner, which i was disappointed about as it was fairly scrappy goal. This was then followed by another goal from Gainsborough by Worsfold which sealed them the game in the first half. Not much happened in the second despite the subs and movement to attacking. Jarman then added to the demolition by converting a penalty. Very unhappy.

Last edited:
View attachment 98942
View attachment 98941View attachment 98940
View attachment 98939
Poor from us, very disappointed, another loss for Salford. A very surprising loss against Curzon Ashton, two very similar goals from them, running down the line and crossing it in to their target man. Both in the space of three minutes just before half time. Conceding both before half time was very disappointing. George Green then provided a life line that wasn't taken upon on the 76th minute with a tidy finish. We need to get back on winning ways!

Goalscorer(s): George Green

League Table
View attachment 98938

Last edited:
September
View attachment 98937View attachment 98934
Very fortunate to win this game in the end, and very disappointing to go 2 goals up to be drawing 2-2. Two well worked goals by us allowed James Poole to finish both in similar positions after very good balls were played through to him. James played well and was very clinical today. A comfortable win, was turned upside down and by the 63rd minute it was 2-2, and looked very unlikely we was going to score again. 89th minute James Poole won a penalty after a very good ball from Josh Hine, and George Green stepped up and won us the game.

Goalscorer(s): James Poole (2), George Green

View attachment 98933View attachment 98932View attachment 98931
View attachment 98930
A very poor start by us, not taking our chances and Halifax go up the other end and score their first chance. At half time an aggressive team talk and moving the mentality to attacking resulted in two great goals from George Green, from the edge of the box and James Poole on the 63rd minute mark which won us the game and ensuring we get another win on the board that pushes us into the promotion places.

Goalscorer(s): George Green, James Poole

View attachment 98929
View attachment 98928View attachment 98927
View attachment 98926
Another game where it was a tale of two halves, us having good chances in the first half, however not creating a clear cut chances was very disappointing. Kidderminster having the better of the attacks overall and very good saves from Lynch keeping us in the game, which I am very grateful for. The man David Norris smashed top left corner leaving the keeper no chance in the last minute again! Great win!

Goalscorer(s): David Norris
View attachment 98925View attachment 98924View attachment 98923
View attachment 98922
A poor error on my behalf resulted in going 1-0 down within the first couple of minutes in the game. Reverting the mentality from attacking back to standard resulted in performing a lot better and not committing as many men forward. Just before half time, Mike Phenix got us level shortly after James Poole added a hat trick to the proceedings and the last goal of the game was a penalty by George Green which topped off a very good performance.

Goalscorer(s): Mike Phenix, James Poole (3), George Green

View attachment 98921
View attachment 98920View attachment 98919
View attachment 98918
Rotated the team for the first time this season, due to a lack of quality in the squad depth. Not many great players out there, but i felt they should still beat Newham Market in the FA CUP 2nd round qualifier. An early lead through Callum Harris, looked like we would win this game comfortably which did not work out as we thought, when Howson seemed to let his man go and have a free header. Very disappointed with him as i brought him in for this game and played very poorly. Now we have a replay which we did not want due to fitness levels.

Goalscorer(s): Callum Harris

View attachment 98917View attachment 98916View attachment 98915
View attachment 98914

Before the game we was told who ever won gets FC United in the next round, so to ensure victory i played the strongest side in the replay to ensure we won. Within the first ten minutes we was 1-0 up through a good finish from James Poole and then shortly after a dangerous cross from Brough resulted in an own goal. A penalty was then awarded before half time which George Green does not disappoint from and then James Poole added to the lead through a tidy finish at the edge of the box.

Goalscorer(s): James Poole (2), George Green, OG

Last edited:
View attachment 98913
View attachment 98912View attachment 98911
View attachment 98910

Unfortunate result overall, going 1-0 up so early through a great cross from Brough, resulted in an own goal from a Brackley defender. Getting to half time at 1-0, it was a don't get complacent team talk, and at the 70th minute George Green got red carded which was followed by a 72nd Brackley goal which drew them level. Luckily it only ended 1-1 as we was on the back foot towards the end of the game.

Goalscorer(s): OG

View attachment 98909View attachment 98908View attachment 98907
View attachment 98906
FA CUP 3rd round preliminary, against our rivals FC United. A great result overall, Going 3-1 up by half time, goals from Haughton, Brough and Grand. FC United putting some pressure towards the end showing some fight by getting it back to 3-2 on the 80th minute, but the result was well fought, and very happy with another win over our rivals.

Goalscorer(s): Nick Haughton, Patrick Brough, Simon Grand

League Table:
View attachment 98905
Manager of the Month:
View attachment 98904

Last edited:
Great stuff, my best XI is

View attachment 1110705

Was playing a deep 442 counter with Hine/Moyo upfront for tll Jan, Just got Gillespie in so had a reshuffle for tougher games, settled on a Warlord tweak 4411.

View attachment 98750
View attachment 98749View attachment 98748
View attachment 98747
A poor start from us led to a 30th minute goal from Stockport in the first game of October. After a very aggressive team talk the lads reacted on the 52nd minute through a Mike Phenix header. A man who is our top scorer as of thus far, and has won us games on multiple occasions. Unfortunately that was the last goal of the game, undoubtably disappointed from both parties as there was chances to win the game.

View attachment 98746
View attachment 98743View attachment 98745
View attachment 98744
FA CUP 4th qualifying round against Biggleswade Town. Going into the game I was very optimistic for a fairly easy victory however that wasn't the case after going 1-0 down after just a minute. Which was followed up by another one to make it 2-0 by eleven minutes. Not very happy at all, and it looks indefinite that we was being knocked out until the 71st minute an own goal from a dangerous cross spurred us on to get another just 6 minutes later with Jordan Hulme. Forced a home replay.

Goalscorer(s): Jordan Hulme

View attachment 98742

View attachment 98735View attachment 98741
View attachment 98740
Once again Biggleswade got an early lead, which obviously got me worried considering they took the lead in the last tie. It shocked me. shortly after however, George Green got one back on the 30th minute which was followed by an effort before half time from Mike Phenix just before half time. A good team talk to tell the lads don't get complacent, David Norris replied with a goal just 3 minutes later. Making it 3-1 Salford and on to the next round.

Goalscorer(s): George Green, Mike Phenix, David Norris

View attachment 98739
View attachment 98736View attachment 98738
View attachment 98737
Back to winning ways in the league and a very good win against Tamworth. A fairly boring game in the first half and looked like a bore draw until the 67th minute Michael Nottingham popped up with a great finish which was then put to bed by recently returnee from injury Peter Skapetis. Great win.

Goalscorer(s): Michael Nottingham, Peter Skapetis

Last edited:
View attachment 98734
View attachment 98733View attachment 98732
View attachment 98731
A very slow game against Boston United looked like a bore draw once again. A lot of chances but I had a feeling we was not going to break the deadlock. Another own goal, a lot of which come from great crosses from our wing backs put us in the lead on the 56th minute. I thought we could hold this out, until the 76th minute they put a dangerous cross in and we scored an own goal. Devastating... until George Green scored a goal in the 90th minute which is our 7th goal this season in the last 10 minutes. Very happy to ****** is so late on.

Goalscorer(s): OG, George Green

View attachment 98730View attachment 98729View attachment 98728
View attachment 98727
A dominating yet disappointing performance against Telford. A big game of strikers not finishing off their chances. having 10 more shots as Telford and more of the possession was disappointing to lose however more to find out that a clear cut chance was not created. This finds us slip down the table.

View attachment 98726
View attachment 98725View attachment 98724
View attachment 98723
A very good response from us after last game, shows not only a good performance but a great display. To score four shows how clinical we was today, a double from James Poole before half time and to finish off the game other goals from George Green and Mike Phenix provided a very good win for us at home.

Goalscorer(s) James Poole (2), George Green, Mike Phenix.

View attachment 98722View attachment 98721View attachment 98720
View attachment 98719
Met the boards expectations by getting to FA CUP 1st round and hoped to cause an upset for Exeter City fans, however unfortunately we could not come away with a result. An early goal from Exeter set the scene however an immediate reply from George Green got us to 1-1 at half time. We hoped we could ****** another before the end of the game which unfortunately Exeter did first. 89th minute and 2-1 down until James Poole finished from a tight angle, and certainly looked like he forced a replay at home. 90+1 and the Exeter City striker stole the show and won them the game. Devastated.

Goalscorer(s) George Green, James Poole

View attachment 98712View attachment 98718View attachment 98717
View attachment 98716
Mike Phenix stole the show with an early goal that allowed us to see out and secure all three points away from home at Altrincham. We dominated the stats and a well deserved win, a bit edgy throughout as we did not find the second. Big relief in the end.

View attachment 98715View attachment 98714View attachment 98713
View attachment 98711

Very good first half performance led us to all three points from three spectacular goals from Mike Phenix, David Norris and James Poole. An overall a surprisingly easy game which we haven't had too many this season in this very unpredictable league. Putting up there fighting for automatic promotion. All can dream ey!

Goalscorer(s): Mike Phenix, David Norris, James Poole

View attachment 98710View attachment 98708
FA Trophy 3rd qualifier against Belper, a team I have never come across before and the match stats demonstrated the levels in quality between the two sides. Goals from Simon Grand, hasn't been in many goals this season from CB, and James Poole who seems to always be scoring finished the game 2-0 and allowed us to proceed to the next round.

Goalscorer(s): Simon Grand, James Poole

View attachment 98706View attachment 98705View attachment 98704
View attachment 98703
Very very disappointing my us against 17th placed Darlington. I couldn't quite believe how poor the performance was when compared to other weeks. Going 1-0 up seemed to be good start, however Darlington's reply was phenomenal. Missed opportunities through a penalty to seal the game at 2-1, led out out 4-2 losses against relegation battlers Darlington.

Goalscorer(s): George Green, Sam Walker

View attachment 98702
View attachment 98700View attachment 98701
View attachment 98699
WELL, WELL, WELL. Darlington again, in the cup. FA trophy 1st round. The same team turn around and beat them 2-1. Its weird how that works shows how poor we was on the day and quite happy we proved the critics wrong through goals from George Green and Mike Phenix.

Goalscorer(s) George Green, Mike Phenix

View attachment 98698View attachment 98697View attachment 98696
View attachment 98695
Another bottom of the table clash that I have come out of the bottom.. losing 6 points this month to relegation battlers.. how on earth is this happening! Well deserved winners and not much to say on this other than we need to improve if we want to be winning the title, which we was on top of the league for an extended period of time until the two last fixtures in the league.

Back