Salutations

Reaction score
Hello everyone. As a new member of the forum, I shall introduce myself and tell you a little bit about me.

My name is Paul, I'm 17, and I live in the South of England. First and foremost, I am a Manchester City supporter. You may instantly scoff at this point and say something along the lines of "Just because of the Oil Money" or something of that kind... however, I have been a City supporter since my earliest childhood memories, and was around to feel the highs and lows of the reigns of Psycho and Sven.

Since they have been founded, I have also began to follow the other CFG clubs, in particular New York City FC, who gave me an excuse to watch the MLS, a league which already intrigued me but that I had not witnessed much of before then.

As if that wasn't enough to keep up with, I have also always had a soft spot for my local teams Crystal Palace, and AFC Wimbledon. One of the most interesting seasons I've seen so far was watching Palace under Tony Pulis, whose unique, often pragmatic style of play made you tense all your muscles and pray to every deity ever imagined!

Some of my interests outside of the fabulous game that is football include;
Movies
The main movies that I am interested in, are those that have a deep, catching plot to follow, for example Shawshank Redemption, Catch Me if You Can, Schindler's List, the Day After Tomorrow, Inception, Shutter Island, and The Matrix. I also enjoy watching the odd romance film.
Music
I enjoy listening to anything except the commercial noise that is found in the top charts these days. However some of my most favourite bands include Kasabian, Blur/Gorillaz, Arctic Monkeys, The Streets/The D.O.T., and Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds.
Politics
I am deeply interested in politics, and I believe that it truly has a huge impact on all of our lives. I am a member of the Labour Party, and a staunch Corbynista, quite simply because I feel that he is somebody who understands the true needs of the average Mr Johnny Bloggs, and is slowly returning the party to its core populist roots, undoing the damage of the red-tory Tony Bliar.
TV Comedy
During my spare time my number one source of entertainment is through comedy programs. Some of my favourite comedies include Peep Show, Mock The Week, The I.T. Crowd, Two and a Half Men, Only Fools and Horses, and United under David Moyes.
Other Sports
Apart from football, I am also interested in other, less important sports. Some of my favourite sports include Lawn Bowles, Curling, Athletics, and Formula One.

I have visited many countries on my holidays, including Spain, France, Italy, Malta, Greece, Belgium, Ireland, Morocco, Portugal, and others, and my number one wish on my "Bucket List" would be to have visited every country and territory on earth.

I am a retail worker by profession, however, having completed stints working for organisations such as Royal Mail, the British Heart Foundation, and Tiger Stores, I am currently looking for something a little more stable and I am in the process of applying to a number of firms to such end.

Last year I entered and completed the Great Newham London Run, a 10K loop race finishing inside the awe-inspiring Olympic Stadium, in aid of The Stroke Association. I intend to repeat this feat this year for another charity, on the proviso that I am not needed elsewhere.

I own Football Managers 12, 13, 14, and 16, FIFAs 06-15, and despise Pro Evo. Just like everyone else on this forum, I have spent far too many hours on these games...

My top five footballing moments would be;
1. Yaya's FA Cup final belter versus Stoke.
2. "Balotelli, AGUEROOOOO!" (need I say more?!).
3. The Championship Playoff Final when Palace scraped a victory against Watford to reach the heights of the Premier League.
4. The unbelievable City comeback from 3-0 down, to beat Spurs 3-4 in the FA Cup.
5. *****'s goalkeeping masterclass performances, in this season's League Cup.
(Special mention also goes to the entirety of Swansea's League Cup run that ended in them thrashing Bradford at Wembley).

My top five respected managers, however biased I may be, are Guardiola, Bobby Manc, Pellegrini, Wenger, and Mourinho. When playing FM, I find my most-used formations to be 4-4-1-1, 4-2-3-1, and 4-3-3.

I have made the trip to the Etihad just once, when I attended the league opening tie, a 3-1 win against the red scouse in the 14/15 season, having received the tickets as a much appreciated birthday present from my ma. Apart from that I feed into the Sky and BT machines by watching at home, and could be considered a self-confessed armchair fan... However if anyone wishes to put up the extortionate ticket funds, I would jump at the chance to attend again XD

Forgive my nonsensical rambling, and If I have left anything about myself a mystery, or you otherwise have any questions, feel free to ask!

Fuerza Pepito!
XD|)(A)

Last edited: