Sam Hutchinson Retires from professional Football

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 2K

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Chelsea youngster Sam Hutchinson has retired from playing professional football due to a reoccurrence of a knee injury despite being only 21.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2128249,00.html

Very sad story as he had a chance of breaking through this season, he was a real talent and a lad who come through the ranks at the acadamy at Chelsea.

Last edited:
Isn't he like 19?

EDIT: 21, poor guy, looks like he had some potential.

poor lad, he was looking promising too. apparently the state of his knee is awful, as in you'll never be able to play top level football and if you keep on trying to play. you wont ever walk properly either

He had quite a bit of potential. :(

Wish him the best of luck with his life. Such a shame at 21. :'(

It's sad,
although I would have held on for the money ;D
but in all seriousness it's a shame

:'( NO WAY!
****, I'm gutted, promising right-back too :/ .. aswell as reserves captain!

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Is he the one that won Football Icon?

Nope, that's Carl Magnay.
Sam Hutchinson came through the youth at a tender age of 11 I think.

A shame, hopefully he'll still make a career in football some way or another like Daniel Karbassiyoon (sp)

A shame, hopefully he'll still make a career in football some way or another like Daniel Karbassiyoon (sp)

It says in paragraph 3 I think on the site,

"Hutchinson will continue to be supported by Chelsea Football Club and will work in our Academy while also studying sports science at university. He will later pursue coaching qualifications."

So good luck to him!

Unlucky.Had a future as well.

Poor guy.I would be devastated if that happened to me :(

gutted to hear this news ive allways admired him as a player and its a big shame whats happened :(

He was living the dream and it's been snatched away for him. At least he is still young enough to have a go at life and do something else.

He's lived the dream, now he can go on to do something else he loved.

Sad , but at good for him and good job Chelsea for at least having/offering a plan B. It's always nice to see clubs give players support when they can't contribute on the pitch anymore.
Sports Science is no joke so he must be a fairly intelligent lad

He had a very clever mind on the pitch and I was so hoping he was going to be Chelseas right back in a couple years taking over from divvy bosingwa. Such a shame :( but as it says, the club will support him and he will be pursuing coaching roles in the future after completing sports science at uni so on my behalf, I wish him all the best of luck.

Hutchinson will continue to be supported by Chelsea Football Club and will work in our Academy while also studying sports science at university. He will later pursue coaching qualifications.

Good to see that by Chelsea.

He will later pursue coaching qualifications.

Good to see that by Chelsea.

I agree. You know, quite a few good managers got their start this way.

It's a shame to see a promising career cut short like this but hopefully he keeps his head up and finds success elsewhere.

It's good that after all the grief his knee has gave him, that he's staying in football. He'd be a usefull coach for Chelsea, maybe a youth coach, he's clearly a good player, who's knee can't handle top standard football. Bit like Ledley King really. :$

Best of Luck to him..

Back