Santiago Canizares Return - Valencia C.F S.A.D.

Adamskii1916

Reaction score
View attachment 229088

Unai Emery Jailed For Assault on Guardiola.

View attachment 229089

Last night, Valencia boss Unai Emery was sentenced to 8 months in jail after a brutal assault on Barcelona manager Josep Guardiola at a managers end of season meeting. The two had a disagreement during the discussion about bringing goal line technology into Liga BBVA, and the Spanish FA also addressed the problem with managers using foul language at match officials during the 2010-2011 season. The fight broke out after the meeting outside the Santiago Bernabeu and CCTV footage shows Emery through the first and the rest of the punches, Guardiola unable to defend himself, the fight was then distrupted by Juan Ignacio, the Levante coach. An ambulance was then phoned for Pep, whose face was covered in blood. Valencia are due to make a statement on the clubs and Unai’s behalf. Guardiola was released from hospital early this morning with a cast in his right hand and 40 stitches in the head. This assault should ensure Emery’s career in the game is over. Tune in here at sky sports for all the latest on this matter.

VALENCIA CLUB STATEMENT

View attachment 229092

We here at the Mestalla are completely disgusted and embarrassed by Mr Emery's actions which took place at an official FA meeting in Madrid a few days back, Unai has been relieved of his duties as the manager here and that decision is indefinite. We would like to apologise to Josep and we wish him a speedy recovery. The board are very disappointed as Mr Emery led us to 3rd place in the league last season, which is an astonishing achievement, and life with him at the club was excellent. As for the next manager of this club, we haven't decided yet but we have received 40 strong applicants and the decision we make will be in the club's best interests. A decision may not be made til mid July.

Last edited:
Haha a brutal assault on another manager? I've never seen that happen before lol

View attachment 229093

Odds for next Valencia manager

Rafa Benitez 2/1
Manuel Pellegrini 5/1
Arsene Wenger 10/1
Jurgen Klopp 15/1
Andre Villas Boas 50/1
Santiago Canizares 500/1

View attachment 229094

Rafa Benitez is hot favourite to re-join his ex-Valencia side at 2/1. In his spell at Valencia he won 2 La Liga's and a Uefa Cup in his spell there, the most successful spell in the clubs history. The mestalla fans are excited at the prospect of this success re-occuring.

View attachment 229096

Current Malaga boss Manuel Pellegrini is second favourite to take over at the Mestalla, 2 seasons ago he led Real Madrid to their highest ever number of points with 92 points. His attacking style could attract the Valencia fans.

View attachment 229097

Arsenal legend Arsene Wenger could be tempted to the sunshine of Spain after Arsenal fans wanted his head as a result of their poor 4th place finish last season and they are without a trophy for 6 years. A new opportunity could be in the horizon for the Frenchman.

View attachment 229099

German Jurgen Klopp's name is also floating around in the Spanish press. He led Dortmund to the Bundesliga title last year and had his side playing some spectacular football. He has a bright future in football management.

View attachment 229102

Andre Villas Boas may only be 33 years old but he is proving to be one of Europe's best up and coming managers, he led Porto to the league title in Portugal last year and his side where unbeaten in the process.He also led his side to the Europa League.

View attachment 229103

Valencia legend Santiago Canizares is also on the mestalla clubs shortlist, but it's a longshot at 500/1. He played 305 games between the sticks for Valencia and recently earned coaching badges meaning he is eligible for the job.

Last edited:
It it was a brutal assault then won't Barca need a new manager aswell?

View attachment 229113

"GIVE ME THE JOB" PLEAS CANIZARES

View attachment 229114

Santiago Canizares today told sky sports news
he would love to be the new manager at his beloved Valencia and he revealed he has applied for the vacant head coach position at the Mestalla. Canizares, 41, played 305 times for Valencia and captained the side in the latter stages of his career. He was number 1 in Rafa Benitez's Liga BBVA title winning side and was in goals when they won the Uefa Cup in the 2003-2004 season. Talking to Bryan Swanson he said

"This would be a dream for me, it would be an honour to manage the club i love. My time as a player there was a memorable one and i'll never forget those days. I want to bring back the success of the early 2000's when i was playing, the club deserve it. The club's too big not to be winning trophies. I still attend the games today and i know what the fans want. I need to use this to my advantage. I know the club inside out and this can make me successful. I'll be very grateful if the board give me this chance"

It's obvious this means alot to Santiago, but his lack of experience in management might hinder his chances in getting the job. Big names have been linked with this job who have been there and done it. Rafa Benitez remains 2/1 favourite for the job.

note: ill be writing as Santiago now.

View attachment 229119

I was just out for a romantic
meal with my wife in Valencia, it was lovely. The best tapas restaurant in Valencia. I returned home to my new 3.2 million euro house on the outskirts of the city. I bought it for handiness incase i got the Valencia job as i was living in Madrid, and i was now confident i would get the job as the manager at Mestalla. I was settling into bed when my phone rang suddenly.

View attachment 229120

Hola

Hola Santiago. It's Manuel Llorente.

Hola Manuel, how are you doing ?

I'm great Santiago, but iv'e had alot on my plate recently. Look let me get straight to the point, i want you as manager. Come to the Mestalla tomorrow and i'll interview you. There will be another few candidates there with you also. Some you'll recognise. 9am, be there.

He hung up. I told Christina and then a few tears strolled down my cheek, it was a very emotional and beautiful moment. It meant so much to me, i was determined to make an excellent impression on Manuel, it was his choice on who to appoint and it had to be me. Life has gone downhill since i retired. This will certainly change it for the best ..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'll be writing in more detail soon, just getting started.

I'll follow this. Didn't like to see Emery jailed as I really admire him.

Back