Santon Advice

• Thread starter Thread starter Nathan123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 2K

Nathan123

Reaction score
Just signed Santon for my Spurs side, he's still 17, whats your advice?

Do i send him out on loan?

Leave him sub until his stats improve?

Or throw him straight in at Right Back?

Any advice would be greatly recieved :)

(Sorry if theirs already a thread for this, i did search prior to posting but couldn't see one)

:)

depends on how good ur right back is
if ur right back is better then loan him out

Personally, I send him on loan for the first season, usually a team like Birmingham come in for him, and he plays most games for them. Then second season, introduce him gradually to your side, not pushing too hard, and also tell a more experienced DR to tutor him.

If you have a good feeder club (Championship or Belgian Top League etc) loan him there, but only if you are sure he is getting first team football.

If not, keep him on the bench and bring him on when you have the game won, playing weaker teams or cup games.

Also create a good training schedule for him.

The worst thing you can do is leave him rotting in your reserves.

If you have a good feeder club (Championship or Belgian Top League etc) loan him there, but only if you are sure he is getting first team football.

If not, keep him on the bench and bring him on when you have the game won, playing weaker teams or cup games.

Also create a good training schedule for him.

The worst thing you can do is leave him rotting in your reserves.

I second that, basically what I meant.

cheers guys! :)

Gonna see who comes in for him on loan...
Should get a few championship clubs, and most will say he will become an important first team player. Probably get a couple of lower Serie A and Serie B clubs aswell.

one of my feeder clubs is Slavia Prague, that seems an ideal place to send him, how do i offer him to one of my feeder clubs?

Right click on player name in team view, and near top it should say 'send to affiliate'. Remember not all affiliates can be loaned players. Also, it is only worth sending him to Prague you have their league playing, as otherwise he will play a couple of friendlies and two European games.

Leyton Orient is my only option...

Would it be of any benefit?

He still plays the same amount of games for Slavia Prague as he would any other team, you just wont get as detailed stats on his preformances.

Probably not. If you haven't got any good clubs to loan him out to then just keep him and use him ocassionaly.

Personally, he can play anywhere Right side, & is always on my bench for my Barca team & whenever he comes on, he is pure class, despite his young age.
Just keep him involved & start him against teams you should be able to beat & he will turn awesome no doubt. Never really seen him underperfom even for Barca !!
Had him loads before too, always reliable.

View attachment 6865

View attachment 6866

Last edited:
Actually just thought same about Santon. I'm Real Madrid, bought him in very beginning. First season just finished, he was playing mostly in reserves - some games also in main team, of course. He has progressed, don't know if it's good enough, but attributes have gone up.

Now, what should I do with him in second season? I have Ramos and M. Torres as better RB's ATM, in RM there are Camoranesi and Sanchez.

loan him out nd then when he returns get someone to tutor him to make him better

Yeah, he played in my Current Barca U19 team quite a bit also & never complained aswell as stepping up to first team to cover or rest others.
On my previous Inter team, Maicon tutored him & he turned out much better as you can see. Really rate this guy !

View attachment 6873

him or marco motta as the new rb for italy in the future? in real life and then in fm?

try loan him to another Premiership team to get the experience in the league, he would def start for a team like Hull etc, just try offer him for loan every day and then not allow him to play in mathces against you.

no point sending him anywhere other than the Premier league, its like what Man Utd did with Valencia!

2nd season take him back and have him in your subs and play him everygame, even if he is on for 2 min etc.
it helps alot, its like him playing a full game, get tutoring from hutton and a great schedule!

i had a guy called Fabio Paim (plays for Sporting now) on CM4 and did this tactic for a couple of seasons and he became the best player in my team and on the game and not sure what his potential was etc.

so try that, everyone

Back