Demba Banter

Reaction score
photo.jpg

Birmingham City liquidated
Actions of Carson Yeung see club liquidated and assets frozen, the club's staff have been released and St. Andrews stadium has been purchased by the FA and will serve as the home of the England U21 and U18 team games. To rub salt into wounds, Aston Villa have agreed a lease for their youth squads to play at the ground which will be renovated to accompany white seats and eradicate the blue.
Birmingham City administrator made the announcement at lunchtime today.
"I can confirm that as of today, Birmingham City Football club is no more. Due to the actions of Carson Yeung, police investigations and lack of funding, Birmingham has been forced to liquidate. The club's stadium was sold to the FA in an effort to keep the club running, but it is sadness that it was not enough to save the club. The club's place in the Championship has been put up for sale by the FA with Doncaster Rovers not receiving a reprieve from relegation. All staff have been made redundant and the club has been officially documented as extinct."

The decision not to give Doncaster their place back in the Championship after Birmingham narrowly survived last season has come as a shock, but FA Chairman Greg **** has made the choice to sell the club's Championship licence for an undisclosed fee. "We hope to sell the licence for a hefty fee, which will be distributed across the Football League and Grassroots levels. Not one penny will go to the Premier League, we hope this will help avoid any more situations like this. Birmingham City will never be forgotten and there is every chance that a fan formed club will start in the non league and work their way up, AFC Wimbledon did it in under ten years which shows it is possible. We shall see."

Among the buyers interested, is NBA team the LA Lakers owner Jeanie Buss, NFL side Seattle Seahawks owner Paul Allen and Warrington Wolves owner Simon Moran.

Last edited:
2129569.jpg

Simon Moran buys Birmingham's license, Warrington Wolves become Championship football team.
Warrington Wolves will have two teams, a rugby league club and a football club. Moran has announced a deal which will see Birmingham's place in the Championship being taken by newly founded side 'Warrington Wolves FC'. Moran however, will not be directly running the club. Instead, he has left that to the father and son team of Barry and Eddie Hearn. In a group statement, the three announced their intentions to take the team to the Premier League within three years.

KEY:
Simon Moran Barry Hearn Eddie Hearn
"I, Barry and Eddie Hearn are delighted to announce this deal. It will see Warrington Wolves branch into football on what is a historic day for Warrington. When the possibility to enter the Football League first came up, I was straight on the phone with my lawyers planning a deal. I was torn between rugby and football, but Barry and Eddie Hearn contacted me and offered to take care of the football side meaning I can fluctuate between both clubs. I can't wait to see Warrington Wolves in the Championship. This is a new chapter for the town of Warrington, and I can't think of anyone better than Barry and Eddie Hearn to take charge of the club."
Thank you Simon, for agreeing to myself and Eddie's proposal. When I sold Leyton Orient, something was missing. Football was missing. And instead of buying another club, I've been given the opportunity to take charge of a team in the Championship and I'm delighted to be here and working with the best right hand man a man can have, their son.
Cheers dad, I am excited to be a part of the Warrington Wolves project. We hope to achieve promotion to the Premier League in three years. Myself and Barry will be taking charge of the club, with the first task to find the right manager who can bring in his own team and his own staff which not many managers can do. Start from scratch, with a healthy finance, we believe we can bring in a fantastic squad before gradually developing youngsters to join our side. It's exciting times for Warrington, and with a month to build a side, let's try not to do a Blackpool!

Eddie Hearn ended the press conference with a cheeky bit of Banter aimed at Blackpool, the three men in charge of the club posed for pictures with the club's home shirt, identical to Warrington Wolves' rugby league shirt for the 2014 season. It was confirmed that the rugby league and football clubs would wear identical kits.

The new manager in question, is a subject of hot debate. With Lee Clark ruling himself out of joining Warrington, calling their position in the league a shambles, a view shared by the majority of the Football League. Will Warrington get a man?

banner-skysports_1.png

Warrington: Paul Hartley appointed manager

Warrington have agreed compensation with Dundee for the highly rated Scot
Hartley will take charge of first team duties immediately and has been unveiled by club chairman
Barry Hearn. "He's a highly rated and talented manager." Barry Hearn said. "He took Alloa to the
Scottish Championship in consecutive seasons, he spent three months with Dundee and got them
promoted to the Premiership. We believe he is the man to take us to the Premier League and beyond."
"I didn't think I'd leave Dundee, I had an offer from another team in this division, most of whom you
are aware of, but I didn't feel the club was right for me. The owner has a reputation and I want to be
at a team where I feel my job security won't be the daily discussion. I spoke with Barry and Eddie Hearn,
I met with Simon Moran and the three all persuaded me to join Warrington, it will be a big move for me
and I can't wait to get started. I want to take this club to the Premier League. This is a special club, I
don't want this club to be the subject of hate by Birmingham City fans. Birmingham City were a great club
who will be missed in football, but in the here and now, it's all about Warrington. I think I can take the Wolves
to the Premier League and build a top squad along the way."
Dundee have refused to release Hartley's coaching staff, with Hartley bringing in Terry McDermott to be the
club's assistant manager.

An Interview With Paul Hartley
vbeHiw.gif
Q. Paul, you've been in charge for a few days now, how's life in England?
A. Well, it's been interesting to say the least. There haven't been any training sessions, but there have been transfer sessions, we've made a lot of phone calls and we've sorted out some deals for players. Jamie O'Hara and Jack Collison are close to signing for us, Carlo Nash is having a medical. But O'Hara's deal is practically done.
Q. Interesting you say Jamie O'Hara who was training with QPR, what lured him to Warrington?
A. Well, I feel he wasn't given a chance at Wolves. His wages were high and they needed to release him for financial reasons, but while he was there he should have been given game time. I think he'll shine for us. Provided he is injury free which I feel he is now.
Q. Jack Collison, he was released by West Ham, this would be a big signing, what drew you to signing him.
A. He's a talented boy, I've watched the Premier League for a while and Collison is an under rated player. He's of Premier League quality and I'm of the belief he will light up the league in a Warrington shirt.
Q. Carlo Nash, will be be the club's first choice goalkeeper?
A. It's too soon to say, he will be playing games for us yes, but he is aware that there will be competition, as for any position.
Q. In terms of strikers, who have you got in mind?
A. Well, you know I can't say names, but we've drawn up some contracts, agreed some trials, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake is with us on trial, I've done some one to one sessions with him with a view to a permanent deal, he's a good lad and if a deal can be agreed, he's likely to join.
Q. You've not commented on a transfer budget for the season, are you going to use the loan market?
A. I've got a budget, it's suffice to say the least. I will be looking at the loan market for young players who can learn here. I want to develop players here and I can do that on the loan market.
Q. One last question, where do you think Warrington will finish?
A. When we have a 25 man team, I'll answer that.
Reporter: Thanks Paul,
Paul: Anytime pal.