• Thread starter Thread starter Dobcheev
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 14K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobcheev

Reaction score
I have saved a customised database using the FM10 data editor. How do I get the game to load it ? I've read about 'checking a tab' to confirm a database load but I can't see a tab anywhere in the db editor or the game launch screens. Please enlighten me giving step by step process.

there should be some writting when you start up the game sayin 1 changes in total enabled etc. so as long as something comes up simmillar to this, you'll be fine.

Dont know if u got it sorted but when u start a new game it says default, look down the bottom of the box, it should say change on right hand side, tick the box, then continue and then it goes onto a page where you can select your DB. Hope it works for you.

Dont know if u got it sorted but when u start a new game it says default, look down the bottom of the box, it should say change on right hand side, tick the box, then continue and then it goes onto a page where you can select your DB. Hope it works for you.
Cheers for the tip but on launching the game all i get is 4 tabs:

>New Game
>Load Last Game
>Load Game
>Join Network Game

Nowhere do i get an option to load a different DB ! Is there some out of the way tab i should be looking for ? It's a real pain - FM2009 was sooooo straight forward with the editing process !

I have exactlty the same problem, there is nowhere to select another data file. having read about a 'pop up' when selecting a new game, I do not get that at all. using Steam version if anyone can assist?

If you aren't getting the pop up after choosing Start New Game you have probably overwritten the config.xml file or created a new folder in the 'editor data' folder.

If you aren't getting the pop up after choosing Start New Game you have probably overwritten the config.xml file or created a new folder in the 'editor data' folder.

Sean - thanks for the reply
I have tried deleteing config, re-installing the game completely, everything I have read in the forum, I have genuinely tried. I did consider standing on my head at the same time, but i'm useless at that! I have read all the other forums and this does seem to be an issue with many people. Some have solved it using advice from here, and some like me are just struggling on.

you click new game , then the original database, then you choose to use your save date editor file, in a tab

you click new game , then the original database, then you choose to use your save date editor file, in a tab

If I click new game, I get the wizard. No pop ups, etc. If I cancel the wizard there is a greyed out section on the top left to select a database file, however it is greyed out and not selectable.

Hope this has helped[/QUOTE]

Robin, many thanks. It is clear to me that I should be getting the pop up as shown in your second image, but it just isn't happening. everything else works fine, just not anything to do with the editor. I am really inclined to just give up now as I have been trying for five days and it just gets more and more frustrating each time it doesn't work. :)

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Robin, you're a star! The one thing that was different in your images from my game was that you are in windows view, whereas I was in full screen. I changed to windowed view and hey presto! A pop up screen allowing me to choose my data base files appeared.

Many thanks, you have saved another soul

Chris

Chris & Robo- Read your threads with interest BUT when I tried the window gambit STILL nada (and before you ask, I've used the current patch). Feel like going back to FM2009 again but the 2010 match engine is so cool ! I support The Mighty Reds so, as u can imagine, the current team's stats need a bit of a boost.

Yours in some despair

Dobcheev

Robin, many thanks. It is clear to me that I should be getting the pop up as shown in your second image, but it just isn't happening. everything else works fine, just not anything to do with the editor. I am really inclined to just give up now as I have been trying for five days and it just gets more and more frustrating each time it doesn't work. :)

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Robin, you're a star! The one thing that was different in your images from my game was that you are in windows view, whereas I was in full screen. I changed to windowed view and hey presto! A pop up screen allowing me to choose my data base files appeared.

Many thanks, you have saved another soul

Chris

What a strange fix. Well at least I know another way I can suggest to help others now. Glad it is working for you though :)

Last edited:
What a strange fix. Well at least I know another way I can suggest to help others now. Glad it is working for you though :)

if I laugh too mucH I am going to cry......worked twice and that is it! Back to square one!

Listen up, guys.

Taking in what I've read in these threads, I tried the following:

Followed these links-

>Docs>Sports Int.>FM2010>Editor Data
Deleted 'Config' file

Loaded game
Clicked 'Preferences'
Unclicked 'Skin Cache'
Clicked 'Always Reload Skin'
Selected 'New Game'
Clicked 'Choose Database'
Ticked the 'Change' box for 'Editor Data Files'

My saved customised DBs were all there ready for selection !
I just selected the one I wanted and, boom shanka, it finally loaded !

Many thanks to all who answered my original plea for help. Hope this run thru, for which I can claim no credit, solves your problem.

Dobcheev

ive got an easy way to get that grey thing in the top left corner to be "clickable" if there isnt a popup when you select new game: simply download any database, put it in the editor data folder and the button will be clickable when you select new game :)

I'm having the same problems, have a database downloaded, it's in the editor data folder but I don't get any option to choose a new database, it's really infuriating!

Mark-

Try following the links I posted a couple of weeks back. I was in the same frame of mind too, frustrated & brassed-off. It worked for me no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back