Saved games not showing up

Reaction score
Hi. I have my FM saved games from a few months back still stored on my laptop (I took a few months break)

However going back to play, the games are not available to play even though they exist and are in the correct place.

Is this due to an update? Are my games now unplayable? There have been steam updates since I last played

Thanks

you sure you're looking in the correct place when you look for them in game? The directory may have changed

Yes. They have always been in the SportsInteractive/Fm2012/games folder. I've never moved them or messed with them, all that has happened is the game has updated a few times since I last played. I have quadruple-checked the folder and my 4 saved games are still there

Yes. They have always been in the SportsInteractive/Fm2012/games folder. I've never moved them or messed with them, all that has happened is the game has updated a few times since I last played. I have quadruple-checked the folder and my 4 saved games are still there
and then when you navigate to the same place in game they are not there?

Yes that is true.

I managed to solve this myself, I went onto steam and verified the game cache, and when that completed, the game began a 40mb download update from steam. I'm confused because downloads are set to automatic so that should already have been downloaded.

I'm not sure what 'veryifying the game cache' does as I am a total noob when it comes to technical stuff, but after I did that, I went to the same folder to load my games and they were there :)

Back