Scolari lifts lid on Chelsea tensions

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 1K

Calum

Reaction score
sc1.jpg

Luiz Felipe Scolari has revealed he asked Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich to offload Didier Drogba because the striker was a disruptive influence in the squad.
Appointed in summer 2008 Scolari enjoyed a bright start to his Chelsea tenure, but after results deteriorated he was sacked in February 2009.
Rumours emerged at the time that he had lost control of the dressing room and Scolari has admitted he found it tough to keep certain players in line.

"My exit from Chelsea was sad because the Premier League is a wonderful competition and a sensational venue to work," Scolari told TB Arena Sport TV. "I was very depressed after my exit and for two months I didn't want to even talk about football.

"In the dressing room at Chelsea, there were many big stars and good players, but their behaviour was very different.
"I didn't leave Chelsea because of sabotage from the players, but it is true that it was difficult to control the dressing room. Drogba believed he was the star in the squad and I did have conflicts with him. He wanted to go to a hospital in Paris because of an injury, but I said no.

"That was my first problem because Anelka did well in his absence and scored many goals. When Drogba came back, he wanted to go straight back into the team but I said no."
He added: "I also wanted Abramovich to change Drogba for Adriano at Inter, because it was easier to control him than Drogba."

Scolari also revealed that Michael Ballack caused problems after Deco was signed from Barcelona.
"Ballack wanted to be one of the owners of the dressing room and the relationship with the German was not easy," Scolari said. "He seemed jealous of Deco, did not want his arrival and I had to explain that I was the coach and it was up to me.

"I wanted Deco to work it out with Ballack, but it wasn't possible. They didn't speak to each other."

Intresting, wish he did sell him as it would have made our games vs chelsea easier ;)

I knew someone would make a thread on this so i didnt bother lol. Nothing new really when you have as many leaders as Chelsea have/did then people are bound to clash on a regular basis. Its ok when you are winning games but when the results start going bad then everyone airs their opinion and when you dont have a big personality as a manager then its bad.

I knew someone would make a thread on this so i didnt bother lol. Nothing new really when you have as many leaders as Chelsea have/did then people are bound to clash on a regular basis. Its ok when you are winning games but when the results start going bad then everyone airs their opinion and when you dont have a big personality as a manager then its bad.

leaders or *** heads?

This is the reason Torres' departure has been so good for Liverpool, he's clearly a **** in the dressing room.

leaders or *** heads?

Both at times. Its good to have leaders when things are going well like i said but when the **** hits the fan it turns out to be bad news.

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

This is the reason Torres' departure has been so good for Liverpool, he's clearly a **** in the dressing room.

I said Pool should have sold Nando in the summer if you remember lol.

So Brazilian Scolari wanted to sell Drogba to buy Brazilian Adriano. And blamed Ballack for feuding with Brazilian/Portuguese Deco.
I think
Scolarihad a big part to play in the dressing room tensions, trying to start a Brazilian club inside Chelsea :S

Oh imagine if he had got his wish for Adriano. Totally bizarre thought of Drogba at Inter for example.

BREAKING NEWS: Drogba and Ballack in being ***** shocker.

That shows that it's not all about talent. But yeah, it was Scolari's fault partly.

"Scolari is a good International coach, being a club manager involves a lot more man management and to be honest it seemed as though he struggled. Drogba is always going to be a big name in the Chelsea dressing room, and Scolari selling him would've left Chelsea in a mess. As for bringing in Robinho and Adriano? Why would we want Adriano? He was declared overweight a year later and had to find first team football elsewhere, as for Robinho he's a proven fact that most Brazilian's are built for the Spanish/Italian league. Well done Abramovich, made a golden decison."

whs.

Back