garland442

Reaction score
I have 3 centre halfs dunne richards and felipe all have great heading and jumping ability but i rarely score from corners the 3 of them go forward but still no luck have van der vaart on corners and he is good at them

any advise to start scoring from corners?

To be honest I don't have any tactic for corners, I just score sometimes and don't others but you should try fiddling around with the set piece settings in team instructions!

Try having all your best headers attacking different areas of the box so that they're not all clumped together which means you need a much better ball in.

There used to be a corner routine on FM08 that worked well and still kinda does on FM09, get your person with the best header/jumping stats to challange keeper, get the next best header to attack the near post and the next best header to attack far post.

Then have everyone challenge from deep apart from say the 2 full backs (keep them back to prevent a quick counter attack) and leave a good crosser of the ball for a short option.

Then set the corner takers (ideally a left footer from the right and a right footer from the left so the ball is always inswinging) to aim for the 6 yard box. And obviously get your best corner takers to take em.

In my first season with Liverpool I had Carra get about 10 goals from corners - hope that helps

My Liverpool scored 6 goals entire season from corners.
Is that too little?
But the most goals from team corners is only 8, by Middlesbrough in that season.

:O

Ice

cheers ronmaiden ive changed it around and have now scored 2 goals in 3 games from corners

cheers mate

i set toure near post flick with van der vaart taking and he scored 24 goals all from corners and came 3rd world player but was FM08 though and havnt played wth arsenal for 09 so would no if it still works

Well, put one of them attack near post, one attack from deep and the other one attack far post. Then on team instructions you can choose where you want the corners to be played to. I recommend to the best headerer, which I would put on attack near post. Hope it helps.