Scoring

• Thread starter Thread starter Djzone
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3K

Djzone

Reaction score
ok this isn't a rant or anything like that, i just want to know is anyone else having SERIOUS problems scoring goals? i have 3 saves going, Napoli, Man Utd and just started a new save with Villarreal

My Utd save is probably my main game and i have Falcao up front, gotze, muniain and wellington nem sitting behind him with scholes and fletcher sitting in front of the defence...and for the love of god i cannot get any of them to score more than 1 goal every two to three games..its driving me insane haha

It could be my tactics but ive tried three or four diff tactics (not my own im ***** at making tactics)

I had a hard time scoring after the patch,but after switching to a fairly basic 442 I'm creating a lot more chances and things flow better.

ya it was impossible to even keep a clean sheet before the patch..my passing and possesion is good, chances are good but just cant seem to get it in the back of the net :( maybe they need time to settle but even rooney and RVP cant even score. Rooney has played 21 games and only 6 goals, RVP has played 17 and 1 goal...shocking!

Im playing Fmc at mo till I get use to tactics but...

I had a hard time scoring after the patch,but after switching to a fairly basic 442 I'm creating a lot more chances and things flow better.

Also be using a simple 442. Having sme trouble scoring against some of the easier teams but scoring 2 or 3 a game the others. Using Falco as a Poacher in mine, though not his preferred position he soon warms to it. 4 across mid and 4 across the back with a defensive midfielder. I play high tempo, short passing and attacking and fluid though I'm going to start trying to slow tempo and play wider against the teams I should beat and don't.

Looking at the match engine and people's comments, teams pass so much in the game, Barcelona style so I tried a tactic that would use that best.

I feel your pain, i am Real Madrid and are having a hard time against every team. Im creating CCC but the just can't get that **** ball in the **** nett. i aslo se Ronaldo try from sharp angles all the time with no luck but when a player tryes that on me it is an instant goal on Casillas. Glad this is a Demo/beta and not the full game. Also Song scored against me on a long shot but his stats are 7, Iniesta beat Ramos in a header from the edge of the box and scored. and on and on...

I am indeed. Just can't seem to get the best out of Cazorla, who if you watch in real life you'd know he pulls the strings for Arsenal in midfield, but in the game I think he has one assist for me at the moment. And that was in a game that West Brom fought back spectacularly to win 3-2. :(

I've had a little success in changing tactics every single game, and sometimes within the game. I took a very mediocre Burton Albion team and got them promoted with no new signings by randomly making alterations. I'm wondering if the line-up is learned by the engine and you need to keep one step ahead of it. Either way, the best team can be stifled by the opposing team just settling in. I've also noticed that when you're playing a better team, your team doesn't close down in midfield. Changing the settings or opposing player instructions makes no difference.

I feel your pain, i am Real Madrid and are having a hard time against every team. Im creating CCC but the just can't get that **** ball in the **** nett. i aslo se Ronaldo try from sharp angles all the time with no luck but when a player tryes that on me it is an instant goal on Casillas. Glad this is a Demo/beta and not the full game. Also Song scored against me on a long shot but his stats are 7, Iniesta beat Ramos in a header from the edge of the box and scored. and on and on...

This is weird. My team scores a LOT with this tactic. Its true i do get some aswell , its not working wonders, but in my case , i score a lot.

Hmmm...the general consensus does seem to be that FM 13 is harder/more inconsistent in terms of results than the previous versions..Don't know whether that's true or all the tactics are just bad :P

I'm not having that much trouble playing with Chelsea. Neymar is top scorer in the league (playing as advanced forward in a 4-2-3-1) with hazard and Oscar chipping in with a decent few from the wings. Even Torres is scoring a fair few as back-up/sub.

Hmmm...the general consensus does seem to be that FM 13 is harder/more inconsistent in terms of results than the previous versions..Don't know whether that's true or all the tactics are just bad :P

Any tactic should work if it's familiar and has some sort of plan behind it. It's just that even if you go for an all out attack formation, the attacking players will spend most of the time just playing tippy-tap outside the area while not actually trying to split or stretch the defense. Then someone shoots from 30 yards, misses way high, and the ball kills a spectator who committed no other crime than buying a pie and a Bovril.

I've not had much trouble at all being able to score once a tactic has become familiar.
Problem I see with a lot of people is they build some super aggressive tactic and piles players forward and somehow expects to score 12 a game. I've tried quite a few different ways and honestly player with a lone striker has done more for me than having 5 players rushing forward every 2 minutes.
Sure the ME has issues atm but you can't just blame it for everything, it's different from the one in FM12 and requires a different way of working with it. Player movement and creating space by using players off the ball seems to be more important than just numbers upfront.

I've not had much trouble at all being able to score once a tactic has become familiar.
Problem I see with a lot of people is they build some super aggressive tactic and piles players forward and somehow expects to score 12 a game. I've tried quite a few different ways and honestly player with a lone striker has done more for me than having 5 players rushing forward every 2 minutes.
Sure the ME has issues atm but you can't just blame it for everything, it's different from the one in FM12 and requires a different way of working with it. Player movement and creating space by using players off the ball seems to be more important than just numbers upfront.

A recurring theme in the comments are that through balls aren't delivered, wingers don't cross, and defenses just switch off a couple of times a game. All of this is regardless of the quality of team we play or how we set up the side.

I am only a little way into the season and haven't had much trouble scoring but I have noticed some goals being scored from impossible angles. In one game both of my wingers scored a goal from the byline. Like nearer to the corner flag than the goal, just a ridiculous angle. I know if those had been scored against me I would not be able to control my fury. The match analysis showed that the ball seemed to travel out of play behind the byline before curling slightly back and into the net.

A recurring theme in the comments are that through balls aren't delivered, wingers don't cross, and defenses just switch off a couple of times a game. All of this is regardless of the quality of team we play or how we set up the side.

Idk, my through balls seem to work fine especially coming from my CM's to my forwards/wingers. I don't usually cross the ball in my tactics I prefer to play the ball in and around the box so can't comment on crosses although I've seen my wingers do it when they need to.
Defenders switching off is the only issue I have at all with the ME.

I run a tactic where winger need to get the ball, get past the fullback and fire in a low driven cross. When they do, it's devastating, but too often I see them past the defender, slow down, get closed down on and then drop the ball back to a central mid or own defender. There are opportunities to cross, but they seem to only choose that as a check down final option.

Back