scottish football

nicol1981

Reaction score
its it not about time the sfa started listing to us fans Scottish football is dire in need of an overhaul from top to bottom i think we should have an 18 team spl play each other twice. 3 down and in other 2 divisions 12 teams each 3 up 3 down 2 automatic promotion 1 through a playoff like the English leagues and 2 non leagues coming in to much up the numbers in the 2nd division. what does other fans think we should do?.ps an a partick fan.

I think the current system is ***** and needs fixing. Badly. The split this year was ridiculous.

I think the current system is ***** and needs fixing. Badly. The split this year was ridiculous.

Rangers wouldn't have won the league without the split.
If they played hearts at Tyney instead of Icox Rangers would have lost and therefore lost the league.
Anyway the SPL needs to have an overhaul of the Premier league and divisions 1,2,3. Only if wee took that sky deal in Janruary...

If they played hearts at Tyney instead of Icox Rangers would have lost and therefore lost the league.
Anyway the SPL needs to have an overhaul of the Premier league and divisions 1,2,3. Only if wee took that sky deal in Janruary...

Well i don't know how you managed to come to that conclusion. if we are going to be playing that game then how about the year before that when rangers had to play 4 games in 8 days. if that hadn't happened then Celtic would never of won the title. Anyways your basically saying that because Rangers had 3 home games in the split that won them the title which i won't deny is probably true but i'm pretty sure that over the years Celtic have had more home games than Rangers during the split

By the way the best soluion is 2 leagues with 18 and if we want we can have smaller league after that with the likes of Spartans, Cove Rangers etc. We are just too small to have any more than 2 major leagues

I think 16-18 teams would be good and get rid of that stupid top bottom split in the league after 30 odd games.It has to be one of the worst idea's ever in football.

i aggree that the split in the spl is stupid at times the top of the bottom 6 teams can finish on more points than those at the bottom of the top 6 its rubbish!!

Or you could have won more games through out the season? Or is that not your fault either...does not matter how much you polish that ***** it's still going to smell bad.

I think 16-18 teams would be good and get rid of that stupid top bottom split in the league after 30 odd games.It has to be one of the worst idea's ever in football.

Yea the whole Scottish game is a bit of a joke. It boils down to two things

1. Money- We don't have any because of the success of the premierleague and the players they can attract....******* league 1 these days is a more interesting league

2.The twats who run the show, Stop trying to compete with England. We need a league of 18 and then a 16 team league for the rest

But it wont happen because teams like Kilmarnock and Motherwell will moan about the loss of revenue from playing the old firm that 1 or 2 extra games at home.

its it not about time the sfa started listing to us fans Scottish football is dire in need of an overhaul from top to bottom i think we should have an 18 team spl play each other twice. 3 down and in other 2 divisions 12 teams each 3 up 3 down 2 automatic promotion 1 through a playoff like the English leagues and 2 non leagues coming in to much up the numbers in the 2nd division. what does other fans think we should do?.ps an a partick fan.

Agree completely.

Totally agree,these teams **** and moan how the old firm outnumber their own fans at home,soloution?well don't sell the tickets to us then!they need the cash big style but also want it their way,ain't gonna happen cos most of these fans from their towns are at ibrox and parkhead every 2nd week!we have to get the league format changed and these smaller clubs might benefit from higher league positions and a dare i say it? maybe even a trophy? in the long run the 16 team league would be gr8,less games,no split and no conspiracy theories as to why rangers got 3 home games n celtic got 2 (f*****g boo hoo!)!

think fans in the spl should start a petition and get as many signatures they can about changing Scottish football and handing it into the hampden because we are now the laughing stock of Europe.

think fans in the spl should start a petition and get as many signatures they can about changing Scottish football and handing it into the hampden because we are now the laughing stock of Europe.

we've been a laughin stock 4 a while now mate,rangers and celtics runs to the uefa cup final and last 16 of the champs league merely deflects attention away from the fact that we regularly get gubbed in europe from kaunas,skonto riga,artemedia,sigma olomouc,etc etc!

we need to start from grass roots,we need to get funding to the smaller clubs and make sure we start bringing through good young players that are going to benefit the national set-up also,to many youngsters get released through lack of funding so never get the chance to fully develop,not everyone can do a james mccarthy and play 1st team football at 16,they need time to mature and that will help us in the long run,with the money in place the clubs can pay wages for coaches and players can get signed on 4 longer?

Also there is a lack of loyalty yo the smaller clubs. They lose theyre best players to teams in League 2 if not Celtic and Rangers who mostly buy players who arent good enough. E.g Flood and Gow

stop moaning waahhh wahhhh get over it yous are ***** LMAO!

Thanks for the support mate,are you a confused rangers fan or a stupid englishman with the misconception that all rangers supporters are in alliance with you're country because half the people at ibrox fly the union jack instead of the saltire? I call them people cos real Gers supporters are not interested in the U.K.,we're a scottish club,the rest of the fans should stand tall and be more patriotic!

Thats not to say you shouldn't wave your countrys flag at ibrox should you come from abroad,i understand we have fans from,england,n.ireland,canada,u.s.a.,australia etc,etc, but i'm sure theres not 25'000 englishmen attending every 2nd week do you?

If you're a real scotsman with rangers at heart then i'm sure you'll agree with the majority of the above txt,get a grip,get behind us and lets make scottish football better again!

stop moaning waahhh wahhhh get over it yous are ***** LMAO!

celtic reached a uefa cup final. also have beat barce, benfica, real madrid, etc etc
gers best bremen, fiorentina, sporting, got 2 uefa cup final. also drew with villareal, inter, humped lyon 3-0 AWAY. how many teams do tht?

celtic reached a uefa cup final. also have beat barce, benfica, real madrid, etc etc
gers best bremen, fiorentina, sporting, got 2 uefa cup final. also drew with villareal, inter, humped lyon 3-0 AWAY. how many teams do tht?

Yep we can't be that ***** then can we? dunno bout celtic beatn madrid tho,can't member that,bt they did beat juventus,ac milan,liverpool(at anfield!,blackburn,stuttgart,shaktar.

Gers have beaten champs of their own countries in europe,psv(away) stuttgart,bayern munich,porto,club brugge.

Gers also were the 1st british team to qualify for the group stages of the champs league humping leeds at ibrox and elland road!