scottish28

Reaction score
Hi,

I was planning on creating a 16 team SPL with a rather different structure. I'll explain what I was planning and would like advice on how to get it to work, as cannot find the advanced editor.

The 16 teams would play each other twice(30 games each), followed by the league splitting into four groups. The top four teams would go into the championship group and play each other another two times, but with 6 points for a win and 2 for a draw in the group stage. The winner would be the SPL Champions.

The teams based 5-12 would be split into two groups of an "SPL European Play-Offs" seeded by position in the opening stage, playing each other twice.(i.e 5,12,10,8 and 6,7,9,11) The winners would play the teams that finish 3-4 in the Championship stage in a semi-finals home and away, and the winners play in the SPL Play-Off final, again on a home and away basis. In the situation where the winners and runners-up qualify, the next team to qualify for europe will be based on league position in the opening stage.

The teams finishing 13-16 would contest a relegation group, with the results carried forward and the bottom team relegated and the team finishing 15th entering a play-off with the team finishing second in the First Division.

Is there any way for this to be achieved in the editor, amd if not, is there any way of someone fixing it for me?

The SFL would remain unchanged with four new clubs being added, as would the cups.