craigwood

Reaction score
Hi, currently I am the manager of Porto in the year 2032 and I am having issues with scouting.

1. I have to sign players under the age of 23 so all my scouts are set to look for players u23. In the scouting centre I keep getting the same reports from my goalkeeping coach and HOYD for players ages over 30 now does anyone know why and why the goalkeeping coach is giving me reports?

2. I have set all my scouts to look for players under the age of 23 and potential of superb but i am not getting any players back any decent players and my players are fairly poor so its not that my team is so great that the scouted players don't match up.

I hope some of you can help thank you for reading.

Hi. Few questions:

1) Did you do manual assignments for each scout or you have your chief scout do that?

Maybe your GK coach is giving you report because he's the default option? You can change it here

2) Players star rating is alright. Its far from perfect and its how it should be since its realistic. How many stars will scouted player have depends on a few things. First of all are your scout attributes. If you have bad or mediocre attributes, chances are he'll do his scouting badly and present you wrong image of scouted player. For me best option is to scout player multiple times by different scouts, preferably if you have time to scout one player for longer period of time, like 2 or 3 months.
Second is your team rating. Its quite possible that in your scouting range there's no player who your scouts think are good enough for your criteria. Since player report is based on your actual players (let say if your best player is Mo Salah, when scouting someone like Luis Diaz, he would only get ( for example) 3 star rating. If your best winger is Jesse Lingard, then Luis Diaz would be 4 or 5 star rated for your club, if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Yeah all looks fine my end it does it on other saves neither my HOYD or my GK coach is set to any of them.

Strange. Would you mind uploading your save file so I can take a look at it?

In the settings everything seems fine and I guess sometimes coaches recommend you some players ( thats why you get reports from Vedran Runje). About your HOYD, you can't assign him to specific criteria, so he'll make reports on whatever player he thinks is good for your team.

So I did some experimenting, but not too much. I've removed manual assignments and left chief scout do them, but set the age priority to 23 and under and it seems to work.

Also you had Vedran Runje as your go to guy for media stuff, and it probably did some weird interaction with scouting reports. I'll sim your save for a month or two and report back.

Alright, going on a holiday for a month highlighted problems once again. Vedran Runje seems the only coach giving the reports for the players. Why's that? I have no idea. I've checked all the assignments and he's no where to be found.

I would suggest you to visit SI Forums and post your problem there. Good chance some developer/researcher will respond to your post and maybe clarify it why's that happening.

Thanks for looking I tried posting on the si forum but I can't create a thread I will try to contact a admin or something. It's a really weird and annoying glitch.