Scouting opponents - tacticts details ?

fabiobra1975

Reaction score
Hello,after some readings about how to effectively chose the right tactic to face certain opponents I still have some doubts I'd like to explain to expert managers like you ;)Is there any way yo understand the way your opponent will or will be likely to start the match in sense of any of the following:strategy, passing style, width, tempo, defensive line, closing down ...Do I have to go through previous matches and/or wait the start of the match and directly look at how the players get position and move across the field ? Many thanks for your help and interesting comments !

No way to tell, same as real life.
u can check ur previous match with them, normally they will not change much.
Or u can start a game n see the formation n line up of ur opposition to get an idea how they play..

Many thanks mate ! I had such doubt after I read interesting considerations on how to play against a deep defense (e.g. use a strong & tall striker for flick-ons and lay-offs) or against a high defense (e.g. use quick forwards with direct passing ...) so I was wondering how you could decide this before starting the match ;)

Many thanks mate ! I had such doubt after I read interesting considerations on how to play against a deep defense (e.g. use a strong & tall striker for flick-ons and lay-offs) or against a high defense (e.g. use quick forwards with direct passing ...) so I was wondering how you could decide this before starting the match ;)

the only think i really check is where they have their weakest player.

Then i tell them "play left/right flank" or "through middle" etc...

Probably is just in my imagination but it works lol