Scouting Regions - Know the countries, find the hidden talents

bijak

Reaction score
first of all, I wanna thank to Carine for answering my question on "about world regions" thread.
I've used the editor to find out what countries are there in the regions, and I've checked the Game Importance (Game Importance affects how much you find brilliant regens on that country).

I've compiled the result, and here you go:

EUROPEAN REGIONS
Central Europe : AND,AUT,BEL,FRA,GER,ITA,LIE,LUX,NED,POR,SMR,ESP,SUI
Eastern Europe : ALB,ARM,AZE,BLR,BIH,BUL,CZE,EST,GEO,HUN,LVA,LTU,MKD,MDA,POL,ROU,RUS,SVK,SVN,UKR,SRB,MNE
Scandinavia : DEN,FRO,FIN,ISL,NOR,SWE
South Europe : CRO,CYP,GRE,MTA,TUR
UK & Ireland : ENG,NIR,SCO,WAL,IRL

AFRICAN REGIONS
Central Africa : ANG,CMR,CTA,CHA,EQG,GAB,STP,CGO,COD
East Africa : BDI,DJI,ETH,KEN,MAD,MWI,MRI,MOZ,RWA,SEY,SOM,TAN,UGA,ZAM,ZIM,ERI,REU,MAY,COM,ZAN
North Africa : ALG,EGY,LBY,MAR,SUD,TUN
Southern Africa : BOT,LES,NAM,RSA,SWZ
Western Africa : BEN,BFA,CPV,GAM,GHA,GUI,GNB,CIV,LBR,MLI,MTN,NIG,NGA,SEN,SLE,TOG

ASIAN REGIONS
Central Asia : KAZ,KGZ,TJK,TKM,UZB
East Asia : CHN,HKG,JPN,MAC,PRK,KOR,TPE,MGL,GUM,NMI
Middle East : BHR,IRN,IRQ,JOR,KUW,LIB,OMA,QAT,KSA,SYR,UAE,YEM,ISR,PLE
South Asia : AFG,BAN,IND,MDV,NEP,PAK,SRI,BHU
Southeast Asia : BRU,IDN,CAM,LAO,MAS,MYA,SIN,THA,PHI,VIE,TLS

AMERICAN REGIONS
North America : CAN,USA,SPM
Central America : BLZ,CRC,SLV,GUA,HON,MEX,NCA,PAN
Caribbean : ATG,ARU,BRB,BER,CAY,CUB,DMA,GRN,HAI,JAM,ANT,PUR,LCA,SKN,VIN,BAH,TRI,AIA,VGB,MSR,VIR,TCA,
DOM,GLP,MTQ,SIM,SMA
South America : GUY,SUR,ARG,BOL,BRA,CHI,COL,ECU,PAR,PER,URU,VEN,GUF

OCEANIAN REGIONS
Oceania : AUS,***,FIJ,NZL,PNG,SOL,TAH,TGA,VAN,SAM,ASA,NCL,WFI,TUV

Three-digit nation name in red means the Game Importance of that country is Very Important, while name in blue means the Game Importance is Important.

See, Asia isn't a good place to scout, whilst South America, North and Western Africa, and Europe are the best place to scout.

Hopes this useful.

P.S. about the Game Importance, I found it on here.
here's the quote:
Change the 'Game Importance' on the editor too Frankie. Its probably 'unimportant' or 'completely useless'. Put it to 'very important' and that should give better regens

Last edited:
Good work, but it would have been better to give full country names instead of shortcuts. I don't know what STP, CGO, CGD mean ;)

thanks everyone, hope this helps.

Good work, but it would have been better to give full country names instead of shortcuts. I don't know what STP, CGO, CGD mean ;)
I've thought about it before.

I decided to write it with three-digit-name because if I write them fully, the page will be messy.
There are some countries with long names e.g:
WFI The Wallis and Futuna Islands
BIH Bosnia-Herzegovina
MKD Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia

by the way, STP is [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]São Tóme and Principe, CGO is Republic of Congo, and CGD is Democratic Republic of Congo [ex Zaire].

A valid point, but still...hmm, I always that Congo would be DRC :O

Can you suggest a source where I can find out the full names?

a lot of work put into this.

May be easier to read if you only kept the blue and red.

a lot of work put into this.

May be easier to read if you only kept the blue and red.

definitely easier,
but I just want to make sure that you know what countries are scouted when you scout a region.^^)

Exactly, I was always worried if I was sending the right person to the right region. For example, many people might be confused about whether to include Italy in Central Europe or South Europe.

Looking at the list, Central and Easter Europe seem to be the best European scouting locations. Maybe it is just me, but I rarely get any gems from the UK&Ireland region.

notice that the northern africa are all very important leagues.
I'm surprised that SI didn't consider any asian league very important, whilst Jamaica have a very important league.

Excellent work put in there, I usually cover Europe, South America, Central America and Africa, never bothered with the rest, so it seems I was striking lucky.

Thanks for clarifying it mate :D

Good list, also I am pretty sure that League Reputation affects the level of regens.

For example I think the Bundesliga's league reputation is 18, and 2.Bundesliga is 12. A club with state of the art youth facilities will not produce the same quality of regens in 2.Bundesliga (say it got relegated, etc) than one in the top league. The two clubs have the same youth facilities and are in the same country so there needs to be something to separate them.

I used FMRTE once to change MLS league reputation from 11 to 17 and MLS clubs immediately started pumping out a ton of 150+ PA and one or two 170+ PA regens every year.

Excellent work although it would be better to put full names for some of the uncommon countries