Scouting - "To roam or not to roam....that is the question??"

Gooner2408

Reaction score
Hi all, decided to have a deeper look in to scouting aspects of FM as I haven't spent too much time on this before.

I was wondering is it better when scouting regions to allow scout to roam or not and what are the pro's/con's of doing so?

Roaming with high adaptability and determination scouts will give you more overall scouting knowledge, the downside being they'll be less active in certain countries at certain times meaning you may miss out on regens and be late to spot players from those leagues. Another advantage is that they often tend to spend less time in smaller countries so you wont often get them sitting in say Iran for 6 months whilst giving you only 3 reports.

Having them not roam is more ideal if you're on some of the regions packed with high value countries and you already have fairly good knowledge of them, they'll usually stay in one country for months at a time and you'll tend to get a few hundred reports before they move on.

That's just my take on it anyway, I tend to have about 10 roaming scouts at larger clubs then the rest for more specific scouting.