voasy

Reaction score
View attachment 458934

So here we go.. As a local lad from Scarborough it was sad to see when my beloved Scarborough FC when into liquidation in 2007. Especially after living literally on the McCain's stadiums doorstep. From those great days against Chelsea in the FA Cup:

View attachment 458933

To the demolition of the beloved McCain's Stadium.. Theatre of Chips!

View attachment 458932View attachment 458931View attachment 458930

In 2007 Scarborough Athletic was formed this was to the delight of around 50% of the Scarborough FC faithful. Me I wasn't so sure at first but now in these last few years I have decided the motto is still there! "No Battle, No Victory".

Rudy Funk Sacked!

It was announced this morning that Scarborough Athletic manager Rudy Funk's contract has been terminated with immediate effect. Athletic's chairman David Holland has yet to comment on the sacking or who will be his successor.. but rumors around the club suggest that Holland would like to bring in a local supporter to give them the opportunity at managing their supported team. So who will this mystery man be?

Only time will tell.....

Stay tuned..

Last edited:
View attachment 458925

Scarborough Athletic boss announced as.... Michael Voase!

Local 21 year old with no football coaching experience has been announced as the new Scarborough Athletic boss this morning. Athletic's chairman David Holland stated in his press conference this morning that "he wanted to do something different" that was his thought when appointing Michael.

He also stated this "Michael will have the full backing of the board no matter what, we are on a extremely tight budget due to the division we are in. And the supporters need to realise that when they judge Michael's managing techniques".

So the question the whole town is asking is "Will Michael be able to take Scarborough back to where they belong?". The whole town wants regular football to be played back in the town rather than in Bridlington.

This story will continue with the managers pre-season.

Its 'Rudy Funk' mate, good to see a Boro save as i've played for the new athletic team!! Will be following.

Its 'Rudy Funk' mate, good to see a Boro save as i've played for the new athletic team!! Will be following.

Haha.. what a tool, cheers lad.. and thanks for following.