Season Simming

• Thread starter Thread starter DozzerLad
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1K

DozzerLad

Reaction score
I have just simmed a season with 7 nations loaded and it took me 2hrs and 6 mins which I find pretty ridiculous, I hope after Christmas when I get my gaming Pc it will condense that down significantly.

How long does it take you to sim a season and are you on Laptop or PC?

I have just simmed a season with 7 nations loaded and it took me 2hrs and 6 mins which I find pretty ridiculous, I hope after Christmas when I get my gaming Pc it will condense that down significantly.

How long does it take you to sim a season and are you on Laptop or PC?

What's your processor and Ram?

At the moment or for my new PC?

At the moment it is i3 and don't know RAM.

For my PC it will be i5 potentially i7 and 8gb ram.

Ah okay, the i3 is a decent processor but it's Cache doesn't utilize the Ram nearly as efficiently as the i5 or the i7.
I'm using an i5 with 16GB of DDR3 RAM and I average a season in about 15 minutes when simmed on 6 nations: all top league.

Since FM is a processor heavy game, look up a few Google pages about keeping your computer clean and running at peak performance. Set up your Virtual RAM paging file and Keep yuor Hard Disks under 50% usage to get maximum performance out of FM.

Note: These will only give you a small boost in performance but people seem obsessed with getting the most. If you want all leagues playing with breakneck speed, you need to invest $$$ into a monster CPU.

Ah okay, the i3 is a decent processor but it's Cache doesn't utilize the Ram nearly as efficiently as the i5 or the i7.
I'm using an i5 with 16GB of DDR3 RAM and I average a season in about 15 minutes when simmed on 6 nations: all top league.

Since FM is a processor heavy game, look up a few Google pages about keeping your computer clean and running at peak performance. Set up your Virtual RAM paging file and Keep yuor Hard Disks under 50% usage to get maximum performance out of FM.

Note: These will only give you a small boost in performance but people seem obsessed with getting the most. If you want all leagues playing with breakneck speed, you need to invest $$$ into a monster CPU.

This is the PC I am getting:

Intel Core i5-4670K, MSI Radeon R9 270X, NZXT Phantom 240 - My Custom Build - LDorrian's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker United Kingdom

Swap the i5 4670K for a 4690K (£10-15 pound difference). You'll also want a SSD. I wouldn't buy a computer these days without one.

Btw did you turn off autosaving when you simmed?

The difference between the 4670k and the 4690k is just the 4690k has a higher clock speed of 100MHz more than the 70k, and it's thermal interface material is better, other than that there identical, if you want to overclock get a 90k because the improved TIM will benefit overclocking. 100MHz higher clock speed is insignificant to me. That being said both are great and will work well with Football Manager.

An SSD is a big upgrade over a HDD, granted but right now the price per GB is still extremely high, If I had to chose between more capacity I would take it, games these days are getting ridiculously big, developers still haven't
mastered compression. I do have an SSD but it's only 120GB, I have a 2 x 1TB hard drives for games. I installed Football Manager 2014 on my SSD and 2015 on my HDD and if anything FM15 runs better. (Probably because its newer) but games are loaded into RAM rather than continuously reading from storage, so an SSD would only benefit OS performance if what I read while researching months ago is correct. An SSD is worth every penny in my opinion, boot times are next to nothing for me on Windows 8.1.

Last edited:
Back