Second-choice goalkeeper?

• Thread starter Thread starter Croco
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 4K

What should I do about my second-choice goalkeeper situation?

• Pick up Sommer on a transfer

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Set Delac as second-choice when he returns

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Sell Delac and set Areola as second-choice

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Buy someone else (please specify player and team)

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Croco

Reaction score
I'm looking for a second-choice keeper to back up Petr Cech because I am not happy with the level of performance that my current second-choice (Turnbull; I sold Hilario to Sunderland) has been showing. While I tried to transfer him, I was only able to get a loan deal for him so now I have to figure out how to get rid of him. I have somewhat of an idea of what I want to do, but I've got a couple options in front of me. I want to see how good Matej Delac is, but I've got him away on loan until January 2011, so I won't be able to see how he performs. So I went out and loaned this 21-year-old kid from Basel named Yann Sommer...he's been solid for me the times that I've played him, but I fully intend on him to be a backup.

I want to develop Delac, but I've also got Alphonse Areola waiting in the wings as well. I'll end up selling one of them away in the future, but I need to do something now. So what now?

Areola turns out top class mate.
Although ive just sold him to Southampton on my Hull save. (Thats because ive just brought a 15 year old regen whos PA is 197.
But he does turn out class, get him tutored by Cech and a couple of loans, he will turn out very good!

i would buy asmir begogivic on free transfer and let delac in the youth team .

Best 3 second choice keepers for English teams on a tight budget:

Kasper Schmeichel <£1,000,000
Scott Loach <£1,000,000
Joe Lewis <£1,000,000

:D

andreas isaksson is quality. saved 5 penalties in a season on my pompey save :)

Use Delac and rotate him with Cech. I don't seem to have many issues keeping two keepers trained and improving at a half decent rate that way, although Alfonso (or whatever he's called) is a pretty ace youth team keeper at the moment. He does have the Spain's full U21 defence in front of him though, which helps..

Eduardo i think braga in the porgtuese leauge he is like 26-27 n u can get him 4 4-5.5mill really good

TBH you don't really need a back up goalie I never have one

I used to be like you..

Until my keeper got injured, and I had to put De Jong in goal, therefore losing 6-0 by Goalkeeping blunders.

Always, have a backup keeper, whether it be some **** guy from the free transfers, a young prospect, or a goldy oldy, have a backup.

I'd recommend Joe Hart on loan, or someone cheap, perhaps a free.

Back