RONALDINHO27

Reaction score
There's one thing that concers me about this game, when I have abig lead like 3-0,4-0 or even 2-0 at the first half, it doesn't matter what I will say to the players at the break, they will play really bad in the second half and will not create any chances and in some cases even lose the lead.
What should I tell to my players in the pep talk at the break?
Thank you.

The completely obvious thing would be to warn them about complacency.

If you're losing leads after being 3 or 4 ahead, it's completely tactical though. Just be a little more cautious when you're thst far ahead.

I normally give teamtalks when the 2nd half is underway, telling them to concentrate and to tighten up depending the time

There's one thing that concers me about this game, when I have abig lead like 3-0,4-0 or even 2-0 at the first half, it doesn't matter what I will say to the players at the break, they will play really bad in the second half and will not create any chances and in some cases even lose the lead.
What should I tell to my players in the pep talk at the break?
Thank you.

let them know that they have to avid complacency and tighten up things. and while the game is going on in between give them pep talk concentrate (assertive/calm) or tighten up (when opposition is pressing really hard)...smetimes you can ask them to waste time but be very careful about giving it

After testing all possibilities, the best attitude is: don't say anything! Several players will be disappointed because they were expecting some congratulations, but this will not change their performance. Obviously, don't forget the congratulations at the end of the match.

After testing all possibilities, the best attitude is: don't say anything! Several players will be disappointed because they were expecting some congratulations, but this will not change their performance. Obviously, don't forget the congratulations at the end of the match.

Listen to this guy, i don't give half time talks anymore. All i do is either subsitute the below par performers or change the mentality to defensive. Doing either or both of these together will result in you most likely scoring an extra goal or 2 in the second half along with ensuring you keep your lead. I haven't had to give a shout or an half time team talk all season and i'm leading the league and also made it to an FA Cup final. With chelsea albeit.

So what if they're disappointed? They're still not going to get complacent - which is the key issue. The more professional players will not get disappointed anyway.

Also, not 100% on this though, saying nothing will have the same effect, ie you didn't praise them when they wanted it.

Praise them after the game if it was deserved.