Second Half Total Collapse

• Thread starter Thread starter borodave17
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2K

borodave17

Reaction score
Hi All, Looking for some advice. I am going in at half time 1-0 or 2-0 up, and then getting absolutely battered in the 2nd half. Possession wise and conceding goals and dropping points. Ive been coming out of half time team talks with most or all looking "motivated" or "happy and relaxed" (Raikan's teamtalk guide is good). Yet anywhere between the 50th and 75-80th minute we are conceding 2,3 or 4 goals. Ive tried make subs earlier, Ive tried changing tactics at those times, nothing is really working.

Can anyone offer any insight? Ive attached some pictures of my attacking and defensive tactics.

Admittedly, I haven't gotten these instructions all figured out, but when protecting the lead (depending on how late in the game), I use stick to position, more disciplined, lower tempo (+ play safer and waste time very late in the game obviously). I'd reconsider play out of defense and close down more

Edit: just in case the above was unclear, I meant I wouldn't play out of defense and wouldn't close down more

Last edited:
I go with lower tempo, be more disciplined, close down less (to hold my shape better), waste time & retain possession late in a game.

Personally, wouldn't be closing down a lot as the opposition will more then likely be throwing people forward trying to score & you could end up leaving far too much space for them.

Play out of defence, pass into space & work ball into box will only encourage mistakes imo. I just go with retain possession, no need to complicate things.

Can't make out a lot of your other ti's but for me there are too many set. Try to keep it simple.

Of course, all this is just my preference. If there was a perfect way to do it we'd already know about it.

Are you having problems with stamina and fitness levels??
i have same problem in my save but my team are still semi pro level playing in top league

i had the same problem, and simply just changed from attacking to counter or control or contain dependent on the probing of the other team. and made subs around the hour mark to keep fresh legs. i changed no player or team instructions other than mentality and 9 times out ten i see the game out and i also agree that you have have a lot of instructions set, which may be causing problems as you change things mid match

Back