Secret players?????

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I started a game with Juventus and during the 2nd pre-season i noticed some players in my reserves(they might have been there from the start of the game but i never noticed them)...but the names were in a very light grey colour and when you clicked on them the only option you had was to offer them a contract which I did. After accepting the contract they have a transfer value of £0 but this gradually rises! so who are these players? some of them of pretty good to, good enough for the 1st team. Has anyone come across this? I've forgotten to look at their history details so not sure where they came from. will look 2nite! they are all around the 19-20 year old mark and wouldn't believe that I would not have missed their stats before as I check all the players stats at the start of the game for any future gems. could have missed them tho as italian teams have quite a confusing look with all the different colour names due to players on loan and co-owned etc.

Worked out quite well really cos i was in the market for a new striker but one of the 'secret players' a striker called macatti has top class stats and is banging them in in pre-season! I cant post pics sorry guys as only got PC access in work.

Last edited:
They r just put there 2 make up numbers in squads which are small.

So after accepting a contract these players will develop like any other player in the game? i say this because as yet there have been no improvement on their attributes while others have improved.

The 'greyed out' players have been in CM/FM for as long as I remember but you have only been able to offer them contracts on the newer FM's. I have never tried it but I assume they will improve still.

well i never!! i never really noticed them before! actually come to think of it think i tried offering the greyed out players a contract in FM06 and it crashed the game and then my saved game wouldn't load up again if i remember correctly! memory like a fish i've got! hope they improve though and improve in value! ill let you know how it all pans out if your're interested? **** it ill tell you anyway!

I remember them well from CM2 etc. as I always needed them to plug the gaps when players were injured. Most of them sucked *** tho :D

these ones are proper good tho, there's one guy and he'll be fighting it with del piero for the support man, he's that good! Ill ave to sort out internet access at home and post screen shots!!

ive never had a greyed out player that was any good even when at a big team but if ur playing a good computer team and are playing on a ****** small DB they have grey players that pwn

i think its just italian teams that get good grey players, it was on the sigames forum before i think

Real Madrid always used to get beastly 1's

They all improve in value, stats are going up slowly, all are in the Italy U21 team! 2 have broke into my 1st team and they saved me alot of money!!! :D

get some screenies on the go asap

hmmm im juve as well, maybe i shuda signed some but now the season has started and i've signed one or two players they've all disappeared

demote everyone in reserves to u19s, dunno if that works

but releasing/selling players def does

I didnt get them or notice them until the 2nd season so selling a few players will probably make them appear again.

Just to let you know, the players do improve in stats and value. Salvati who sometime deputised for del piero is now worth 7 million after just 1 season and with a starting value of £0!! Hopefully ill have internet access at home soon so i can post screen shots

I was aware of the 'greyed out' players making up numbers etc but wasnt aware they were any good. As someone pointed out is it just the Italian teams or has anyone had any 'gems' with other nations teams, England, Spain or Holland for instance?

the greyedout players were usually sh*t for me i only got em to fill out my U-18 team only 1 or two were good enough for a contract and one is a sub for reserves and made 1 first team appereance when i was a bit short in defence so its usually a it of luck if u get a good 1