Sergio Busquets vs William Carvalho ?

• Thread starter Thread starter SmoothJitsu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 7K

SmoothJitsu

Reaction score
After 3 seasons managing Sporting Lisbon, i decided it was time to change teams and Bayern offered an Interview.. I was stoked, i never managed Bayern before in FM.
As soon as i saw the Squad i knew we would need a new Defensive Midfielder to play as a DLP(d), my favourite holding role in this FM. My 2 options are

Sergio Busquets, i never used him on FM and i always wanted to, i just don't want to manage Barcelona and William Carvalho, the guy i used for 3 seasons at Sporting and one of the reasons i took the Sporting Job to begin with and he's had some crazy development for me and excellent performances

View attachment 248313 VS View attachment 248312

Busquets would Cost me around 65 million Euros and William would cost exactly 50 Million Euros.

After 3 seasons managing Sporting Lisbon, i decided it was time to change teams and Bayern offered an Interview.. I was stoked, i never managed Bayern before in FM.
As soon as i saw the Squad i knew we would need a new Defensive Midfielder to play as a DLP(d), my favourite holding role in this FM. My 2 options are

Sergio Busquets, i never used him on FM and i always wanted to, i just don't want to manage Barcelona and William Carvalho, the guy i used for 3 seasons at Sporting and one of the reasons i took the Sporting Job to begin with and he's had some crazy development for me and excellent performances

View attachment 898147 VS View attachment 898149

Busquets would Cost me around 65 million Euros and William would cost exactly 50 Million Euros.
Busquets is worldclass but carvalho develops to another level. it depends on if you wanna give busquets a go or use carvalho again.

Busquets is worldclass but carvalho develops to another level. it depends on if you wanna give busquets a go or use carvalho again.

So a guy i really admire and never used (Busquets) vs My favourite player in football.. tough choice haha

Carvalho makes more sense as he is younger and will cost muuuch less when you factor in wages.

He is also younger, so will play longer and have resell value (if you last that long in your save).

On the other hand, Biscuits is a player you haven't managed so that would be a good reason to sign him.

On the other, other hand the idea of taking Carvalho with you to the next level is really cool as a part of your managers journey.

So a guy i really admire and never used (Busquets) vs My favourite player in football.. tough choice haha
forgot to add the deeplying defend role was made for busquets however carvalho has more in his locker to be limited to play there. id go for busquets.

Speaking from experience, busquet would offer your club more mentally and that is all he would give you at 30 and you would have to offer an outrageous amount of money to barca for them to even think about letting him go an amount ranging at £48,000,000 plus £10,000,000 worth of add ons.

but carvahlo is cheaper and a much more complete player than busquet and is 26. He is more of a complete catch or bargain to you and he will keep on growing and become a world class and one of the best in the world

When I took the Barca job in my Liverpool save, William Carvalho was my target to replace Busquets since he was approaching retirement. You've been managing him for 3 years, you're in a better position than any of us to say weather or not he's worth teh 50M (cheaper option as well :P )

Carvalho... he is going to improve with time..
while Busquets will see a decrease in his stats and so on...

just while you are at it, Ruben Neves is a perfect shout if he still has the $28m clause..

how's Javi Martinez? still at Bayern?

You would be mental to pay £65M for Sergio Busquets!!! Take a look at S.Samper, S.Darder,Diego Poyet,Jesus Vallejo or even Alex Song can do a job and is not even close to £65m. CRAZY!!

Back