SERIA A, Italian CUP and CL Final with Napoli first season.

• Thread starter Thread starter miitchh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 17K

miitchh

Reaction score
UPDATE: I have won the Serie A comfortably (4 games before season ended) and the Italian Cup. Lost the CL final to Barcelona, but that was my own fault (tactical gamble).

I started a new save with Napoli with the hopes of making a 4231 that will provide consistent results.

View attachment 455554

Now. This worked well and kept me in top 3, but.. we struggled against formations with 2 strikers. In fact my only two losses were against teams using 2 strikers.

So i made this.

View attachment 455553

The only difference as you can see is that the AM was dropped to CD. It might limit my options in attack, but i also moved my CWBs up and that allows them to overlap more, and my IFs are playing narrower which makes the lack of AMC less of a deal. We still create a wall in attack that gives my players tons of options.

Sometimes you might come up against formations with 3 at the back AND 2 strikers (Juventus). That could make your lone striker feel isolated if there is no TREQ behind him (support from Inside Forwards might not be enough).

For times like these there is a 3rd option.
View attachment 455552
(Note, you can use a false 9 too)

Now what this does is that you will have 3 players in the middle challenging the 3 defenders, leaving space for CWBs to run into. I remember losing to Juventus on my Real Madrid saves in ALL 4 games i met them in, because i was playing a 4231. On this save, i easily beat them 2-0.

The good thing is that the instructions are the same for ALL 3 tactics, making it easier for your players to adapt.

You can always experiment and take risks. If you know that a team has a weak point, exploit it.

I'm going to start uploading them as soon as i post this and give you guys a link asap.

View attachment 455543

View attachment 455542
NOTE! I only created the other 2 tactics AFTER losing to Cagliari.
View attachment 455541

as you can clearly see. We only lost, because we were outnumbered in both ATTACK and DEFENCE. We might have won the battle in the midfield, but as you can clearly see, it doesn't mean that much when you can't compete where the goals are scored. I had 62% possesion in that game and A LOT of shots, but very few GOOD chances, because of how hard it was to NOT be closed down.

Download Link: tacticz

Last edited:
The download file isn't good(not a tac file), what are the team instructions?

The download file isn't good(not a tac file), what are the team instructions?

You're supposed to extract it. There are 3 tactics in that .rar

If you don't know how to open it then download WinRar. It's free and very usefull.

1- what tactic you use for big teams?
2- what tactic you use for teams with 4-2-3-1?
3- what tactic you use for teams with 4-3-3?

Greetings friend and thanks for the tactic

1- what tactic you use for big teams?
2- what tactic you use for teams with 4-2-3-1?
3- what tactic you use for teams with 4-3-3?

Greetings friend and thanks for the tactic

1. Same rules apply as to any other team.

2. If the other teams wingers are likely to be ''WINGERS'' i use the second tactic. If they are likely to be Inside forwards. I use the 3rd.

3. same as 2.

Would you say these tactics works best with the top teams like Napoli, or have you tried them aswell with mid table teams with succes?

1. Same rules apply as to any other team.

2. If the other teams wingers are likely to be ''WINGERS'' i use the second tactic. If they are likely to be Inside forwards. I use the 3rd.

3. same as 2.

And 4-2-3-1 when dealing?

I'm currently in a Napoli save and all though I'm doing OK, I could be doing so much better, will give your tactics a go

Back