Ncfc4lyf1

Reaction score
I did some editing, saved it then turned my laptop off.
Next day I continue editing but when I try to load up editor it says:
- Unable to find essential data
- Failed to find default database to use

I uninstall FM10 via steam. Then re install it.

I try loading up editor, I do so, but it comes up with a black screen and then exits it. It then comes up with the same two messages

I did some editing, saved it then turned my laptop off.
Next day I continue editing but when I try to load up editor it says:
- Unable to find essential data
- Failed to find default database to use

I uninstall FM10 via steam. Then re install it.

I try loading up editor, I do so, but it comes up with a black screen and then exits it. It then comes up with the same two messages

Try clearing cache and settings if you dont know how Sean posted this:

Delete the following folder:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings

Vista\Windows7: C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings

Once deleted restart your computer and try launching the game again.

If you are unable to locate the folders please ensure that hidden folders are enabled as detailed below:

- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Select Folder Options*
- Select View
- Select Show Hidden files and folders

I did that. I haven't restarted computer yet though. Just to let you know, I tried loading up editor anyway but still error messages. Will it fix after restart?

I did that. I haven't restarted computer yet though. Just to let you know, I tried loading up editor anyway but still error messages. Will it fix after restart?

Maybe, Try Restarting. Have tried to start game since problem.
I think last night there were issues with steam so if this doesnt work try re-installing game again
may work better with cache and setting folders cleared

Restarted laptop. Load editor. Same 2 messages. What now?

Clear Cache and settings in editor folder in application folder- restart and if no luck re-install game
Have you looked on SI website they may have a solution. Good luck going to work now.

Thanks, I got it to work by doing some random stuff as well as what you told me