• Thread starter Thread starter Adix
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3K

Adix

Reaction score
1zleiyv.jpg

Keep getting that.

Altered the events.cfg file but i got the original one back (altered it with commentaries downloaded from here) but I didnt get the other .cfg in the events file.

also altered the sounds,, and no1 was kind enuf to give em back :/

Any help how I can solve this?

2cifvqr.jpg

keep getting this too.

And i will NEVER re install cause I will loose my save data (unless there is a way 2 back it up) and all my add ons

well you will be reinstalling then.

go to my document>sports interetive> fm2010> games.

your save files will be in there. copy them to usb and put them back in the same place after reinstall.

YOU MUST repatch to the same patch that you were using before the reinstall. you should reinstall using the same method, ie if you used steam first time round, then use steam again to prevent file corruption

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

add ons can be backed up in similar fashion you will see folders like graphics, skins etc

well you will be reinstalling then.

go to my document>sports interetive> fm2010> games.

your save files will be in there. copy them to usb and put them back in the same place after reinstall.

YOU MUST repatch to the same patch that you were using before the reinstall. you should reinstall using the same method, ie if you used steam first time round, then use steam again to prevent file corruption

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

add ons can be backed up in similar fashion you will see folders like graphics, skins etc

Hmm, will try doing it then, thanks.

i might be wrong here but im pretty sure im not

i had the same problem before and its all to do with how much memory the game is taking up on the computer, this will happen with everyone at some point depending on how many add on you have (kits, faces,logos etc) the only way to stop this from happening as often is to delete all the add ons that you dont need. There is no need to have faces for players you will never look at or badges and kits for clubs you will never play. Doing this will stop the game from crashing

i use the 50k player faces mega pack and a skin and loads of extra club and comp badges.

im on a budget laptop with 2gb ram, no memory problems

Just to back up what Jake said, I had to do a full destructive recovery of my laptop which meant backing everything up. I don't have memory problems on a 2GB RAM, didn't have problems on my old 1 GB either lol

i might be wrong here but im pretty sure im not

i had the same problem before and its all to do with how much memory the game is taking up on the computer, this will happen with everyone at some point depending on how many add on you have (kits, faces,logos etc) the only way to stop this from happening as often is to delete all the add ons that you dont need. There is no need to have faces for players you will never look at or badges and kits for clubs you will never play. Doing this will stop the game from crashing
I got a good number of addons but I doubt its coz of that
i use the 50k player faces mega pack and a skin and loads of extra club and comp badges.

im on a budget laptop with 2gb ram, no memory problems

4GB RAM
Vista 32 Bit
500GB HDD

Doubt its cause of what the guy above said :P

Reinstalled, but having problems patching :/ Just doesn't respond after i "extract" the patch.

Will redownload

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

I patched it its ok now.

Went on, and my save games, skins, and all my addons are still there, except the commentary (which I wanted removed) and not sure about the sounds. All good tho :D [after 1 game]

Realised I hadn't saved my 0-2 win vs panathanikos but its ok, as i won 1-4 :D

EDIT: 3 games in and its all ok :D think it worked!

Last edited:
FM 2010 was working fine, then next day it will not work and every time i try launch it, it just closes down and says steam has encountered an error and must close. any help??

FM 2010 was working fine, then next day it will not work and every time i try launch it, it just closes down and says steam has encountered an error and must close. any help??

Uninstall and reinstall.

Played a lot today and it was all fine :D

I got a good number of addons but I doubt its coz of that

4GB RAM
Vista 32 Bit
500GB HDD

Doubt its cause of what the guy above said :P

Reinstalled, but having problems patching :/ Just doesn't respond after i "extract" the patch.

Will redownload

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

I patched it its ok now.

Went on, and my save games, skins, and all my addons are still there, except the commentary (which I wanted removed) and not sure about the sounds. All good tho :D [after 1 game]

Realised I hadn't saved my 0-2 win vs panathanikos but its ok, as i won 1-4 :D

EDIT: 3 games in and its all ok :D think it worked!

Uninstalling the game will short but the problem will come back eventually, My Laptop has the same specs and its not down to what your computer specs are but what thje game can handle which is around 1.7GB, SI Games have already said that this is a problem that cant be sorted but downloading add ons will only make it crash faster so your only option is to make sure all your add ons dont add up to around 3GB or it will crash

I've already done all of that suggestions m8, but i still have it (crash dumps). Reinstal it 3 times now, play with low memory usage, play it in window mode, everything. its just so annoying,... T_T.... imy PC runs in 2gb ram,..

Back